Saturday, February 28, 2009

toys?

We've been home all day today . . . so far, Grace has played with:

my shoes
my belt (she loves to chew on the leather . . . is that bad?)
her high chair
a binky (a new favorite . . . she doesn't ever suck on it, just likes to crawl around with it and play with it)
the end table
the laundry basket
the phone
the remote
a Manure Manager magazine (no, there is no manure on it, just the name)
various floor vents
mixing bowls
measuring spoons and cups
I believe it's now up to 2 whisks, 2 spatulas, and 2 big kitchen spoons that she's bogarted into her stash to go with her 5 plastic cups

(oh . . . and let's not forget the thousands of times she TRIED to play with the outlet covers. ahem.)

Really . . . why do companies make baby toys? They are soooooooo not interesting.

The laundry basket got the Gracie girl good today . . . she climbed up on it, lost her balance and got a bloody nose from the whole ordeal. I was trying to get a picture of her owie, but this is what I got instead . . .

I had the flash on in this one, so the lighting is really off, but I thought it looked kind of cool . . . Grace weighed in right at 20 pounds at the doctor yesterday . . . I love her double chin in this one. Thankfully the chubby look never goes out of style for (almost) 9 month old babies. Right before being attacked by the girl . . . she loves her Mama. I've trained her well. :)And a couple "nature" pictures for you . . . we were at Mom and Dad's last night and Jake is always going to the door and peeking out at the moon. He was quite impressed at how "tiiiiiiny" it was. I think the planet next to it is Venus?Is this not the fatest robin you have ever seen? I hope she's going to hatch some eggs here in the near future or she is going to get mighty uncomfortable.

And speaking of uncomfortable . . . I LOVE getting comments on here . . . what blogger doesn't? My absolute FAVORITE comment EVER, came from my sister the other day on the Fat Tuesday post:

I ate so much I thought I was having a gall bladder attack that night. I even went to the doctor Wednesday...turns out it was GAS!! That was the best Fat Tuesday EVAH! Yahhhh Joneses! ;) Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

After laughing so hard I cried, I'm back to post a comment. Oh Jen. Still belly laughing. I feel sorry for that robin, probably because I relate to her! She better be having twins. Oh, and the moon picture! We saw that last night, and thought it was super cool... of course you would be the one to photograph and blog it. You're my hero. And no, no nap. Weston was up.

Tami said...

I think that is the best, funniest comment in all of blogland! I had read about your Fat Tuesday and was thinking how can I get invited next year? I'm married so I can't marry into the family... Then I thought how sick that fried food makes me. Her comment made me feel lots better.
I enjoy your blog, my sister is a Snapsister and that is how I found your beautiful Grace.
I used to work with your parents.

I hope Jen is OK!

theSNAPsisters said...

Amanda! Hi I just saw your comment on Tami's blog and it reminded me to check yours! Wow Gracie is growing! She is a doll! I am going to add your blog to our side bar. Talk soon-

jkluginbill said...

What a wonderful comment. Gotta love sisters - putting it out there for the world to see!

I can't believe your baby is 9 months old. What a doll!

I am going to add you to my list RIGHT NOW! :)