Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random things about me . . .

I've seen this floating around on Facebook . . . random I can do. Interesting? I'm not making any promises . . .

1. I currently have 228 emails in my inbox . . . it's not what you think. It's mostly junk mail. I am just too lazy to go through it all.

2. I HATE losing things. I obsess until I find what is lost.

3. My snack drawer at work consists of Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, Valentine heart candies, peanuts, 2 apples, and several baggies of Cheeze-it crackers. What? Your snack drawer doesn't look the same?

4. I love the smell of permanent markers and freshly sanded or cut wood.

5. I struggle with the appropriate use of apostrophes.

6. I have a serious obsession with food. I could talk about different kinds of foods all day and be so very happy. Yet, I really don't like to cook.

7. I hate waiting in line at Wal-mart, Target . . . wherever, in front of an impatient person. Especially when they push their cart up right behind me. I usually just let them go before me because lack of personal space makes me want to scream.

8. I am obsessed with large families. I am so intrigued by the way they do things, the amount of stuff that it requires for them to live and the dynamics of their families.

9. I am full of so many ideas and things I want to make and do and design. Wishing for uninterrupted time to do them or at least try them.

10. I obsess about a lot of things, big or small. Depends on the day, but be sure that I'm usually obsessing about something. I'm getting better about it. I can recognize when I'm doing it and tell myself to stop it. That usually works for a while and then whatever I'm obsessing about eventually creeps back into my head. Usually, whatever I'm obsessing about is beyond my control and not worth fretting about, but I do anyway, because I can't stop.

11. I believe in God, and I believe that He is strong, amazing, and good.

12. I've eaten 4 cheese sticks while writing this . . . I love cheese.

13. I hate garbage. Serious. issues. with. garbage.

14. I think Amazing Grace is the best song ever written.

15. Vince Vaughn is my favorite actor . . . he's funny and hot and I love his name.

16. I live on sticky-note reminders and to-do lists.

17. Going and visiting friends and family at the hospital who have had babies is really hard for me since I've had Grace . . . I don't think about the pain until I walk in those doors and it all comes flooding back. I might be a big wuss, but it hurt REAL BAD.

18. I think the Jones and Larson families are amazing . . . growing up I thought everyones families were like mine . . . sadly, they're not.

19. I've never smoked a cigarette or done any kind of drugs.

20. I hate answering the phone and also calling people . . . I always feel like I'm going to interrupt them while they are busy doing something.

21. I always make lots of plans that sound like fun and then when it gets right down to doing them, I wish I could just stay home.

22. I obsess about what to buy people for gifts . . . if I see something months ahead of time that I think will be perfect for someone, I buy it, just so I don't have to think about it anymore.

23. I'm learning it's really hard to be a good wife, mom and teacher all at the same time.

24. I can't believe I've made it this far into this thing and have hardly mentioned my sweet baby Grace . . . I can't believe how strong a mother's love is.

25. I think it's pretty cool (others may think its pretty sick) that I'm 27 and have been with Tom for 11 years.

Ahhhh, done . . . if you made it this far, I sincerely hope I didn't bore you to tears. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, just know that when we see you pop up on the caller ID, I shout "hip hip hooray, she called me today!"