- Grace's 9 month appointment went splendidly . . . her ears looked great, she weighed 19.9 pounds (70th percentile) and was 29 1/4 inches long (95th percentile). She kicked Dr. Filuk in the head while she was flailing around on the table.
- There's a smokin' good deal on diapers at Tar-jay right now . . . I always just get them at Costco because I figure they are the cheapest, but if you buy 2 boxes of Huggies you get a $10.00 Target gift card. I bought 2 boxes of size 4's with 126 diapers in them each and used two $1.50 manufacturers coupons (which you can't use at Costco) bringing the price per diaper down to 18 cents versus 21 cents per diaper at Costco. I assure you we aren't so pinched for pennies that those few cents really matter or that I don't turn right around and spend those saved pennies on something silly or that I take the time to price compare everything, but I do like to get a deal when there is one to be had. And I just had to tell you all about it because I know Tom wasn't really listening and paying attention when I shared the good news with him.
- I hate Tar-jay's return policy.
- Grace and I ended up walking up and down the rows of Easter goodies at Wal-Mart as I explained a bit about Easter (yes, I do still talk to Grace in public even after the Target-cashier incident). Imagine my delight when I turned a corner and saw a beautiful, color-coordinated display. Seeing all those perfectly matching treats together gave me visions of beautiful Easter baskets . . . specifically a big, fat PINK Easter basket for my Gracie girl. :)
- On our last trip to town, we got sweet potato fries from Costco . . . Grace had some for dinner tonight and thought they were quite tasty . . .
I was just talking to my Mom on the phone and noticed Grace was chewing on something . . . she had eaten the little band-aid off her leg from her shot today. I did finger-swipe that nasty thing out of there unlike the bug from last night. Tom told me that was too gross to share on the blog . . . whoops, too late. :)
The first thing Grace did this morning was crawl over to her table and play. She can now hold on and walk around the whole table and is letting go and standing for about 5 seconds at a time. Oh, crawling underneath and rescuing Lamby is fun too.
2 comments:
A binky and sweet potato fries in one post? The Silves boys are sooo admiring Grace right now!
Sheila and the Lags are so sad - Chester died yesterday. Buried him up on the hill. What a great old dog!
Mom
Post a Comment