Saturday, March 7, 2009

big excitement in Sumas . . .

The fire department is doing a controlled burn of the little old house just down the road from us . . . we've been watching all morning . . . the flames are really getting good now.
They douse it and then it flares up again . . . as my friend Tanya said, "who doesn't love watching something burn?" Seriously . . . this is rockin' good Saturday entertainment. Word must have got out (although I can't imagine how in this small town) that it's really flaming because I think about the whole town of Sumas is parked along the side of the road. To add to the excitement, we're trapped because the water hose is going across our driveway. Oooooooh . . . the roof is engulfed now. Doesn't get much better than this . . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great pictures! Way better to see it then hear of it... maybe the boys and I should go for a drive, since they're not napping anyway.

Anonymous said...

Darn, me and Jevin were going to live in that house! Haha.

Michelle

Megan said...

I've watched Jerry do a few...Tanya is right, who doesn't like watching stuff burn? Enjoy the show!