Friday, March 6, 2009

9 months old . . .


Dear Grace,

Everyday I can't get enough of your kissable cheeks.

Everyday we sing "the wheels on the bus" over and over and over and over.

Everyday I love watching you learn and grow. Everything is new to you and it is amazing to watch you as you react and learn about the world around you. I love teaching you and showing you how things work.

Everyday
I love taking care of you. I love the feeding, cleaning, playing, carrying, dressing, etc. Sometimes these daily tasks can be tiring or mundane, but I still love doing it for you. It makes me love you all the more.

Everyday I look at you and am grateful that I'm a mommy.

Everyday I marvel at the fact that although there are challenges of being a Mom . . . it is always more rewarding in the end.

A few of this month's stats:

Weight: 19.9 pounds (70th percentile)
Height: 29 ¼ inches (95th percentile)

Your sleep habits: You take cat naps here and there but still have no schedule. You have gotten in the habit of taking a “nap” around 8:30 p.m. and then you wake up and are ready to play until 11:30 or so. We’re trying to break that habit! You got a cold and ear infection so I stopped even trying to lay you down in the pack and play or crib and you’ve been sleeping all night with us. Some nights I’ve propped you up beside me or held you so you could breathe and sleep better.

Your eating habits: Eating was hard this month . . . since you got an ear infection; your appetite was pretty puny. You didn’t want to try any new foods and would barely eat your usual banana and yogurt. You lost a few ounces between the appointments when they diagnosed your ear infection and your 9 month check up. Nothing to be worried about though and eventually your appetite came back.

Your favorite things: We switched you to your “big girl” car seat last month and it has made car rides so much more enjoyable . . . you love being able to sit up and look out the windows. You love to play with anything that is about the size of your hands (especially the jingle ball and a pacifier), you have really started “playing” with the Leapfrog table this month and you love to stick out your tongue . . . I call it your “signature move”.

Other random info: You had your first ear infection this month. I was worried because you were really fussy (I couldn’t put you down without you screaming), you had no appetite and you started to pull on your left ear. You love the amoxicillin and within a few days, you were feeling much better. You also had a nasty cold at the same time. You are pulling up on everything. You are in mostly 12-18 month and some 18-24 size clothes.

Things to remember about February. . . we have been having some fun play-dates with the cousins, you came to Mommy’s Valentine party at school, you went to your first Jones Valentine Ball, we went and visited with Heidi and Kathi an afternoon and we celebrated Fat Tuesday with the Jones’s.

Grace, no one on earth will ever love you as much as I do. You are sassy, spunky and oh so adorable. You are springtime, holidays, a first kiss, warm apple crisp, a refreshing deep breath, a great book you never want to end, a perfect pair of shoes, a glimpse of Heaven. Your smile opens up my heart in places I didn’t know existed. In other words . . . you are undeniably one of the best things we ever did.

Happy nine months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom



No comments: