Monday, March 9, 2009

nothing really . . .

I've taken lots of pictures over the last couple days . . . not of anything too spectacular . . . just everyday life.

Gracie is getting a tiny bit of a temper . . . when she's had enough, we hear about it. Obviously she'd had enough breakfast Sunday morning. Oh no . . . there's more . . . she can lay it on pretty thick. After a quick shower, there's our happy baby again . . . it is so funny to see her with a pacifier in her mouth. She carries it around with her constantly these days and every once in awhile it makes it into her mouth and stays there. All ready for church . . . Grace, when you are sixteen and begging your dad for a car, I suggest you try to squeeze yourself back into this dress beforehand. He could not stop talking about how adorable you looked, and I don't think he would have the power to deny you anything your little heart desired while wearing this dress. After all, Grandma 'Leen is your Daddy's mom . . . he loves his peanut in a collar and little white sweater.
P.S. I wonder if you will still be sticking your tongue out like this when you are sixteen? Right now it is one of your signature moves.

Grace got this table from Grandma and Grandpa Jones for Christmas. Since she is up and down on everything, Gracie and Daddy put it together tonight.
I predict many, many pictures of Grace (and hopefully future Baby D's) playing around this table in the months and years to come. And I think if Grace is a good little girl, she may just get the chairs for her birthday. :)Taking her last dose of amoxicillin . . . Grace goes to the doctor for her 9 month appointment tomorrow, so she'll get her ears checked out as well.

Finally found a sippy cup that she will drink out of . . . I'd kind of given up on the whole idea, but she seems to like this one.We were at some friends on Saturday night and they had this on their fridge . . . I had totally forgotten that we had one and I just hadn't gotten it out yet. It's only been 2 days and we already know and love Farmer Tad. One last thing . . . not only am I a mean mom because I take pictures of my crying baby instead of helping her, but last night I saw something black by her mouth and I looked and it was part of a bug. Shut up . . . I know, my baby ate a bug. Even worse though was I let her finish it off instead of finger sweeping it out of her mouth because I didn't want to touch it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You made a match, look what you found, you made a match, hear a sheep sound!

We love farmer Tad too.

Grace can join the club, Weston has ate ladybugs before! Bagh!

The Spaids said...

The collar & white sweater - SO SO SO DeHoog!!!
And Maggie has almost eaten 2 roaches here in the South. I did stall the first time, thinking, "MY BABY IS EATING A ROACH! Oh, NO. I have to TOUCH that roach to get it out of her mouth." I ended up getting it out of her mouth both times, but she was pretty traumatized (I just about smacked her to get it out). I am really thankful they were DEAD roaches. Ug!

Megan said...

Farmer Tad is a big hit up in this joint too. Trey just figured out how to make it work. Every time I think Grace can't possibly get any cuter you find another adorable outfit and she does!!