Monday, December 22, 2008

You better not pout . . .

Grace was crying when Tom got home tonight (we'd had a busy afternoon . . . a little Christmas party at Tom's Mom's and then a photoshoot with the cousins) and she wouldn't settle down, which isn't like her. Tom scooped her up and said, "I know what will cheer you up." He took her into the living room, sat her down in front of the tree, and put a present in front of her. Not only did she stop crying . . . she spent the next 15 minutes "unwrapping" the present. Tom freely admits he'll do anything to cheer her up . . . it's a lot easier when there are presents nearby. :)

I know I'm going to hear it from the peanut gallery that she is only in a onesie in these pictures . . . I know it's cold . . . remember, she'd just been crying hysterically so I had stripped her down and was about to put her pajamas on when Tom swooped in.
She MAY have had some practice in the present opening department . . . we decided to have her open one present a day so she would actually have time to play around with them, instead of trying to cram them all in Christmas morning. She loves this Learning Lilly doll . . . she goes right for her eyes and pets them over and over again. As with any toy, she finds the tag and that is what she plays with (and sucks on) most. Present number 2 . . .
Saturday we had our annual Lefse and Fattigman Baking Day at my Grandma's . . .

Jake asked for a "wittle" bit of dough to play with . . .
Mom and Grandma . . . the workhorses of the day I may have paid more attention to my baby instead of getting in on the action The MINUTES . . . if you want to know what the weather was like on LAFBD (Lefse and Fattigman Baking Day) 2002 or who was in attendance . . . check the minutes. I'm happy to report that I DID NOT get a Black X for the first time in many years. :)Did you have a party to celebrate the Winter Solstice on Saturday? We did . . . Auntie Tam trying to teach Grace patty-cake . . . I think I promised her we'd have it down by New Year's Eve. We gotta get practicing Gracie girl . . . Look at Grace's face . . . That's better . . . We even had Carolers! The crazy carolers . . . And . . . some other pictures I found on my camera card . . .

Grace is liking to sit and play in her crib . . . Good shot of the tooth . . . The cousin photoshoot I mentioned earlier . . . done in Russ and Angie's basement. I think our schedule over the next few days is going to be just busy enough to keep us amused and on our toes, but not enough to send us down CrazyLane. Hopefully. :)

3 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

Oh, Amanda! I love all of the family things you all do! I don't know how you all find time, but I LOVE it!!! You party and celebrate it all and its fabulous! Gracie is so precious! I can't wait to see her again! I know she is just a delight to be around, b/c her mommy and daddy are the same way! We love you and miss you all so much! Merry Christmas!!!

Megan said...

Looks like you guys have been busy having fun too! Abby has the same jammies as Grace, if they ever stop making them (like that would happen), I'd be one sad lady! I hope you all have the best first Christmas with Grace.

Unknown said...

You can tell the peanut gallery to cram it... Weston went to the doctor today and sat in the cold room for 20 minutes in his onesie, and they couldn't have cared less, so it must be fine!