Sunday, December 14, 2008

have you blown away?

Isn't this wind incredible? While I'm bummed we didn't get the snow that was predicted . . . I'm holding out hope for later on in the week . . . snow is in the forecast again for Wednesday and then again on Monday and Tuesday . . . maybe Grace's first Christmas will be a white one.

Our power was out this morning and since Grace told me her Dad didn't show her how to start the generator before he left for fishing . . . we headed over to my Mom's. The only hiccup along the way was that when I went to push the garage door button . . . nothing happened. I hit it a few more times before I realized . . . "Duh, the power is out." I quick ran over to the neighbors and Dodge came to our rescue and pulled the door up. Now we're back home, toasty warm and obviously with power, since I'm blogging. :)

Grace had her 6 month check-up on Friday . . . it was a good visit. Everything a mother wants to hear . . . thriving and advanced. We should probably sell her to the gypsies about now--quit while we're ahead. She weighed 18 pounds, 4 ounces (90th percentile) and was 28 1/8 inches long (95th percentile.) We got the go-ahead to start Cheerios . . .
they are pretty tricky to pick up, but she's getting the hang of it. Of course, it's always nice when Mom just feeds them to her instead of making her work for them.

Grace also helped me wrap some presents yesterday . . .
And my favorite . . .the bows were obviously her favorite part of the job.

That's about all . . . making sweet potato babyfood is next on the to-do list . . . Grace has gagged on the green beans and applesauce I made, so we're trying something different. I think she's stuck in a rice cereal/banana/carrots rut.

3 comments:

Megan said...

At least she eats food, Trey is all-momma-all-the-time. Abby was so easy, she loved absolutely everything and a lot of it. So far biter biscuits is all Trey will touch, he does seem to be growing alright though! I love all your pictures of her, she's darn cute.

Unknown said...

We're managing to stay grounded here in E-town, if only because we haven't left the house today! Tell Grace nice job with the bows... glad you went with those this year instead of the ribbon, she wouldn't have had much fun with that!

Kate said...

You are always such a great blogger Amanda, I always enjoy reading what you guys are up to. :) I love the bow pic of Grace, she is too cute!