Monday, December 29, 2008

wow . . .

the "cry it out" post solicited a lot of response . . . thank you for the advice in the comments and also in your emails.

Tom said we had to give it 15 minutes that night and I watched the clock like you wouldn't believe . . . at 14 minutes and 59 seconds I was in Grace's room scooping her up. I just couldn't do it . . . and Tom was trying to act tough, but he was in no better shape than I was. Grace has since forgiven us and we are now back to our happy family of 2 big and 1 little D's.

One last batch of Christmas pictures to share . . . we celebrated with Tom's immediate family on Friday night. Tom was tight for time that night, so he got home, quick took a shower and we were headed out the door . . . he didn't see Grace until he was buckling her in her car seat. He said, "What kind of get up is this?" I said, "It's the outfit from your Mom." This is too funny, because at first Tom didn't like how I dressed Grace . . . he thought it was too "trendy." Now he doesn't know any different. :)

Teddy made Grace a "Christmas Crown"All the grandkids . . . Playing with Daddy . . . As of Saturday, Grace still had 4 presents to open . . . Grace told me that she really likes the Leapfrog Learn and Groove Table. No . . . no she didn't, but it would be cool if she could talk right now. :) We're also working on the sippy-cup business . . .She's a wild one . . .and we made some popcorn. That's what's up at the DeHoog house . . . oh, and we always yell, clap and cheer when Tom comes home from work. What's up at your house?

1 comment:

Dana Lohrer said...

Leap Frog Table hands down is the best toy EVER! Both of our kids loved it! Gracie is so adorable! Looks like she had a fabulous 1st Christmas!

Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful pictures! We love "watching" Gracie grow!