Wednesday, September 2, 2009

school days, school days . . .

Here are Grace and I on the first day of school this morning . . . Grace had a FABULOUS time at Grandma and Grandpa Larson's this morning. Lots of visitors and she got so tuckered out she crawled up and fell asleep on Grandpa Larson's lap. Awwwwwww. Grace is pretty lucky to have such a close relationship with not only her grandparents but also her great grandparents.


In first-grade-land . . . things are looking pretty good. Only 17 kiddos. Seriously . . . a teachers dream. Now watch, 7 new 1st graders will register tomorrow morning. HA! Now that I am a parent, I have new eyes on these little people. It was heartbreaking to watch some of the parents pry themselves away from their kids this morning. I am in awe of the blind trust they have in me . . . the first day of school means learning to trust someone new with the best part of their hearts.

After a looooooooooooong nap this afternoon, we headed to DQ for dinner with the Larson's. Grace LOVES to have her own cup and drink out of it (and nope, even though she is the pop-addict's daughter, she still hasn't ever tasted it. she just gets water in her cup.) The cup is SO fun . . . and then about 4.7 seconds after I took this picture, she dropped it and it spilled everywhere. After not sleeping for a couple of nights and now that the first day is behind me, I am ready to get back into a regular routine. And I'm even getting a little excited for fall . . . the chilly nights and crisp mornings, the leaves to change colors, apple crisp, long sleeves and hooded sweatshirts (who am I kidding, I've been wearing these all summer long).

Still lots to catch up on in the blogging world . . . but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Marlea said...

I love what you said about watching the parents leave their kids on the fist day of school. Its teachers like you that make it a lot easier to leave our babies behind!
17 kids! You lucky girl!