My "theme song" for the event was "I gotta feeling . . . that tonight's gonna be a good night" by the Black Eyed Peas. :)
In the afternoon, we met at the Everson Park for strawberries and ice cream. Tom and Grace spent a lot of time swinging . . .
Grace deciding if she wants to share her raisins with Dan or not . . .
Grace loved playing with all the kids . . .
Here's the group that came out (minus a few that left before the picture) . . .
After doing a test-run on the 4th of July with a few water bottle labels, they are my new favorite thing to do . . .
Saturday night, the festivities were at the Northwood Casino . . . can I say, I love being in charge of decorating and not having to worry about anything major . . . like what people are going to eat, or that they have chairs to sit on, etc . . . 
Hard to see in the picture, but I blew up the "senior" pages of our annual . . .
Our amazing committee who pulled this thing off in about 3 1-hour meetings at Woods! Katie, me, Tanya and Gidget.
the nametags . . . I can't believe how skinny and PALE we all were . . .
Tanya had the brilliant idea of taking each classmates picture as they came in . . . Tom heard that and went all old school on me and struck a prom pose . . .
I have no shame, you know I can't resist a good throwback picture . . . Tom and I at the Homecoming Dance, 1998 (see what I mean about the PALEness factor . . . seriously, did we not go outside?)
Ohhhhhhh . . . a little chubbier and a lot happier. And hey, we have a tan. 
Tanya handing out the "awards" . . .
Although our turnout was a little sketchy . . . we had a lot of fun. It was a good, good night!
Grace deciding if she wants to share her raisins with Dan or not . . .
Grace loved playing with all the kids . . .
Here's the group that came out (minus a few that left before the picture) . . .
After doing a test-run on the 4th of July with a few water bottle labels, they are my new favorite thing to do . . .
Saturday night, the festivities were at the Northwood Casino . . . can I say, I love being in charge of decorating and not having to worry about anything major . . . like what people are going to eat, or that they have chairs to sit on, etc . . . 
Hard to see in the picture, but I blew up the "senior" pages of our annual . . .
Our amazing committee who pulled this thing off in about 3 1-hour meetings at Woods! Katie, me, Tanya and Gidget.
the nametags . . . I can't believe how skinny and PALE we all were . . .
Tanya had the brilliant idea of taking each classmates picture as they came in . . . Tom heard that and went all old school on me and struck a prom pose . . .
I have no shame, you know I can't resist a good throwback picture . . . Tom and I at the Homecoming Dance, 1998 (see what I mean about the PALEness factor . . . seriously, did we not go outside?)
Ohhhhhhh . . . a little chubbier and a lot happier. And hey, we have a tan. 
Tanya handing out the "awards" . . .
Although our turnout was a little sketchy . . . we had a lot of fun. It was a good, good night!P.S.
When your 10 or whatever year reunion rolls around . . . GO! People put a lot of time and thought into planning it and it's only fun if people SHOW UP. Don't be a debbie-downer . . . it's only one night.
2 comments:
I love that you put up the 1998 photo... I thought about it, but was too lazy to go and find it! My vote goes to the 2009 photo, hands down! And in defense of your paleness... photography and flashes were different 11 years ago!
I wish I could've gone! *Ppphht* on those that could've gone but didn't!!
Was moving into our house in Cincinnati probably the very moment the park picture was taken. Thought of you all that morning though...hope it was good regardless of turn out. :)
Post a Comment