Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yes . . .

even though we hang out with our families most of the time, we do actually have real "friends" . . . and a lot of them came over for a BBQ last night. It was a busy day with lots of things going on, so we're happy people could make one more stop out to our neck of the woods!

Table full of cute boys . . .
I promise not ALL of the pictures will be of Grace . . .
The "hill" was tricky . . . most of the kids had to bite it a few times before they figured it out . . . The Coupe Car continues to be a FAVORITE . . . I guess I didn't get Grace's food fast enough . . . she had to steal from Weston . . . I wonder what Jackson and Grace were each thinking?And a careful touch . . . love catching moments like this. Some of the action . . . Grubby little girl . . . Grace loves to drag the jump rope around . . . Look at all those CUTE kids!This cracks me up . . . a few minutes into the craziness, I made the mistake of making my "picture taking noise" (anyone that's heard it knows what I'm talking about). As soon as Grace heard it, she popped up and came running for me!They're fleeing!Jaycee is the sweetest little girl . . . all night she kept patting Grace on the head and saying, "I like Gracie." Byron, Dana, Jaycee and Jackson had just flown in from Oklahoma the middle of the night before . . . we're so we got to see them while they were here. The little peanut got tuckered out . . . What a good sport Rockell is . . . When the boys get together, it's like no time has passed at all . . . We walked to the ballpark . . . it took us awhile to find the "perfect" spot to watch the fireworks . . . Luckily we didn't all melt when it started to rain AGAIN . . . We met up with Tom's family . . . and waited and waited and waited for the fireworks to start . . . Rockell provided us with lots of amusement while we waited . . . My favorite picture of the night . . . Daddy and his sweet girl watching the fireworks.
Grace watched for a few minutes, then tucked her head into Tom's neck and fell asleep. It was only after she fell asleep that I watched the fireworks . . . while she was awake I was too busy watching her to see what her reaction was.

What a fun night . . . the food was fabulous and the company even better. We say it every time . . . we should all get together more often . . . the night goes too fast.

2 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

You have some fabulous pictures from the BBQ! I LOVE the one of Jackson and Jaycee! Its priceless!!! I think your kid photo is the best so far! So could you email it to me!!! I wasn't in the best position so I didn't get everyone's faces every time!!! Thank you so much for having us!!! We LOVED it! The night goes by too quickly! We love you guys!

MistyAnn said...

Thank you guys so much for having us and all of our kids over for a great bbq!! Love the pics, please email me some since I forgot my camera.