Tuesday, June 23, 2009

hello summer . . .

The Jones' rang in the Summer Solstice in style (what else would you expect?) We always gather up at the Lag's, walk up the hill, count down to the sunset and yell our war cry . . .

Heading up the hill . . . Grace's favorite place these days . . . up on Daddy's shoulders. Tom wanted to countdown from 20 instead of the usual 10, just for something different. Uncle Tom gave the signal . . . we started counting down . . . and then we all yelled, "Oh sh**, the days are getting shorter!" Beeeee-autiful!Daddy helping Grace walk back down . . . Sunday we celebrated Father's Day at Grandma DeHoog's after church, Mom and Dad's in the early evening and then at Grandma Jessie's.

Jake thinks we need to eat ALL the cherries "before the birds get them." "Almost Uncle Big Tom, a little higher""Yep, that's the perfect one!"Grandpa with Jack and Grace . . . Jake and Grace playing . . . it looked like they were going into the Secret Garden. Sometimes I think Grace looks like a little old lady walking around . . . What a peanut . . . My yellow rose picture was a bust . . . it was done blooming, but we did our best.

Grace does this exaggerated blink when she is excited . . . glad I caught it. We decided to try the pink rose instead . . . Daddy and Grace smelling the pretty flowers . . . Last night we walked down to the ballpark to watch Tom play softball . . . This kept Grace busy for a loooooooong time . . . I think Grace was giving Daddy some pointers . . . Love this one . . . Tom is playing 3rd base (right above Grace's arm)That's all to report from here . . . gearing up for Sumas Days this weekend . . . parade, BBQ here and fireworks . . . we love SUMMER!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hokey picture posting palooza! So many cute pics... maybe I should scrap a few for you!

The Spaids said...

I'm sure I've said it before, but your family has ALL the fun! I LOVE that solstice tradition. We pretty much mumble that around the house here in Nashville on the summer solstice (we really should be eastern time, it gets dark by 9 at the latest, quite a bummer when you are used to it being light until 10:30). =)

Marlea said...

Once again...I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!! That is a cool tradition!!! Who thinks this stuff up???
Sweet Fathers Day pics also!