Sunday, June 7, 2009

my baby is 1 . . .

and we had a BIG party yesterday to celebrate!

I've been planning this party in my head for months . . . my "theme" was pink and orange. Tom knows how serious/neurotic I get about a "theme" (I think it comes from being a 1st grade teacher) and wore his PINK polo proudly . . . here are Daddy and Gracie right before the party started. Grandpa, Jake and Grace checking out the patio . . . Our happy little family . . .


Maddie and Allie with the birthday girl . . . my Mom carved the watermelon into a whale . . . awesome! My Mom and sister helped me out a TON with the food . . . thank you!The birthday girl mingling with her guests . . . I briefed Tom on our "order of events" before the party . . . pray, eat, games, presents, cake . . . the first game was "pin the candle on the cupcake" . . . We took a break and the kids blew bubbles . . . Then it was time for the PINATA! Grace played and played while her cousins WHACKED at the pinata . . . Tom ended up finishing it off . . . Everyone had to try on parts of the pinata . . . Time for cake . . . my cousin Maria made the cake and cupcakes . . . BEAUTIFUL! I gave her a picture I had found (who am I kidding . . . I've been saving that picture for about 2 years) and she copied it exactly. The sweet birthday girl . . . ALL of Grace's cousins . . . whoops, just noticed . . . where's Jake?Grace was spoiled . . . I'll do a separate post on all the cool stuff she got. :)What a sweet cousin . . . Teddy pushed Grace all over . . . I told him I was going to hire him for the summer and pay him in extra pinata candy (I may have overbought)
All the peeps . . . All the kids wrote special things for Grace . . . What a lucky girl . . . Grace has 3 sets of great-grandparentsGrace LA LA LA LOVED that cupcake . . . I think that face means "It was a good party!"

And that’s the end of the birthday extravaganza. Back to the daily grind for this little not-a-baby.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thoroughly enjoyed those pictures... love 'em! Not surprisingly, you and your PEEPS know how to PARTAAAY!

Dana Lohrer said...

What a grand celebration you all had!!! You did a fabulous job and it looks like Grace enjoyed every moment of it!!

Tami said...

Happy Birthday Grace!
I just read that your little tikes car is the number one (in sales) car in the USA. It out sold the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord.
Very pretty party,Mama. You did real good :)

Kate said...

What a GREAT birthday party Grace had (nice work mama!)... amazing they are turning one already! I hope the day was all you had hoped for and more! Happy Birthday Gracie!

theSNAPsisters said...

HB Gracie! WHat a great party and neat pics too!