Saturday, December 29, 2007

merry good times . . .

I am way behind on posting about all the holiday festivities . . . it might take me a few days to get caught up and then it will be time for New Year's pictures.

Last Saturday we went to my Grandma's and made Lefse and Fatigman . . . Swedish and Norwegian goodies. This is a yearly tradition and each year Mom and Grandma make us girls do some of the work (instead of just gabbing) so that "when they are gone" we will know how to carry on the tradition.


Mom and Grandma starting the lefse
The first piece of lefse goes on the griddleJen, Jake and Malorie (Malorie is taking "minutes")Jen and Malorie step into action . . . Is it ready? Mom and Jake adding to the "minutes" We keep track of really important things in the "minutes", like who was late, who didn't help, the weather . . . Seriously . . . that is ALOT of CriscoTaking a break to eat some LefseMom starting the FatigmanThe first one is in!Malorie doing the stressful job of taking the Fatigman out of the oil . . . it made me too nervous . . . I hopped out of there fast to return to photographer.We're done!
Saturday night we went up to the Lag's to celebrate the Winter Solstice. Anyone I told this to said that the Solstice isn't really a holiday . . . it's just another excuse for the Jones' to get together and party . . . I say, "Party on!"Seriously . . . one of my most favorite pictures ever.Julie on the piano and Sarah singing . . . it was delightful.Some of the best aunties around . . . Jake and AlexanderAuntie Tam and Tom . . . they are quite the pair.Me and Zoop . . . I was camped out by the food for quite awhile that night.
Off to another party tonight . . . woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny lefse tradition....my grandma has us start the same thing a few years ago. have you burnt yourself on the lefse pan yet??? I have :)

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the lefse thing! Being married to a Scandi boy we even get the "traditional" dinner - fish pudding, cucumber salad etc. GROSS! I do love me some cinnamon and sugar lefse though!