Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Can you believe it?

Seriously . . . with all the crazy weather we've had the last week, not one missed day of school or even a late start????? Trying to conduct business as usual in 1st grade, when business is definitley NOT usual (snow, power being out, wild winds) is really a joke. This is what we did while the lights were out yesterday . . . a countdown to Christmas project. Yes, I let them use scissors in the dark. This took a good 2 hours because they were all stumbling over each other and squinting to see what they were doing. It was pretty comical. I guess making up snow days and going to school until June 36th wasn't really that fun last year though. :-)And a random picture . . . a little baby tucked into a backpack. You never know what you are going to find in a 1st grade classroom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww... Can I just say how much I've missed those 1st grade updates? The baby in the backpack is priceless.