I'm not a domestic goddess. I know, I know . . . you all THOUGHT I was a domestic goddess. Clearly, I had you all snowed. Occasionally I do get a bug up my butt to bake something though. Yesterday was one of those occasions. Since it is officially fall I wanted to make something fall-ish. Pumpkin stuff is fall-ish. So, I did a little Internet search for pumpkin recipes and found this:
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
Icing:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner's sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
Glaze:
Combine confectioner's sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
It had a bunch of good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a whirl . . . glad I did . . . because they are GOOD! They have a cake like consistency though; they aren't dense like a cookie. Just saying . . . in case you want to try the recipe and all . . . wouldn't want you to come back and complain or anything . . . gosh I'm even more ellipses crazy than usual today. I'd love to hear if you have any fabulous pumpkin recipes to share!
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
Icing:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner's sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
Glaze:
Combine confectioner's sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
It had a bunch of good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a whirl . . . glad I did . . . because they are GOOD! They have a cake like consistency though; they aren't dense like a cookie. Just saying . . . in case you want to try the recipe and all . . . wouldn't want you to come back and complain or anything . . . gosh I'm even more ellipses crazy than usual today. I'd love to hear if you have any fabulous pumpkin recipes to share!
In other news:
1. It's Wednesday. That means tomorrow is Thursday, and THAT means that the day after is Friday and THAT means it's the weekend.
2. I went to the dentist today. The dentist said to his assistant, "Oh, that's right . . . she's a gagger." Lovely. A couple minutes later, again, the dentist said (which I could barely hear because of the drill), "I don't think she's numb yet." Seriously . . . what was your first clue? That I'm about to bite your finger off?
3. It's my good friend Tanya's birthday today and Jake's 1st birthday tomorrow. Sounds like party time to me.
4. No further news at this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment