"Can we go to the book fair right now?"
"No, it's math time right now."
"Do you know where my money is for the Book Fair?"
"Is it in your desk, your backpack, your pocket . . . ?"
"I lost my money for the Book Fair."
"We'll keep our eyes peeled for it."
"How many books are in the Book Fair?"
"I don't know."
"I really want that Hannah Montanna book in the Book Fair."
"That is a cool book."
"Can you call my Mom and see if she will bring me money for the Book Fair?"
"No."
"Can I go to the Book Fair during lunch?"
"No, you have to EAT during lunch."
"Can I go to the Book Fair during recess?"
"Sure."
"How much does the World Record Book at the Book Fair cost?"
"I don't know, we'll have to check."
"Can I read the book I got at the Book Fair right now?"
"No, it is writing time."
"No, it is writing time."
"How long is the Book Fair here?"
"Until Tuesday."
"How many MORE days is that?"
"It will be here Friday, Monday and Tuesday."
"How many days is that?"
"Lets look on the calendar."
(Sorry the picture is dark . . . I had to wait until after school to take it when all the gremlins were gone and they had turned the lights off.)
ALL DAY LONG . . . . on and on and on . . . to make matters worse, this morning I told them I heard on the news that a STORM was coming today, so they are all jacked up about that too. For your sake I won't list out all the questions they have asked me about the STORM.
"Until Tuesday."
"How many MORE days is that?"
"It will be here Friday, Monday and Tuesday."
"How many days is that?"
"Lets look on the calendar."
ALL DAY LONG . . . . on and on and on . . . to make matters worse, this morning I told them I heard on the news that a STORM was coming today, so they are all jacked up about that too. For your sake I won't list out all the questions they have asked me about the STORM.
1 comment:
Wow! The minds of 1st graders! You are a very brave woman to continue to teach them all! What a treasure you are! I know that there is no way I could deal all day with that many children! Good job Mrs. DeHoog, Good job!
Post a Comment