Sunday, December 6, 2009

'tis the season . . .

I LOVE this time of year because every weekend, gatherings spontaneously happen . . . Grace's new favorite word is "PARTY!" Last weekend we went to Tom and Mary Lou's for pizza and to kick off the holiday season . . . they have their house decorated beautifully. This Friday night we went to a beer/scarf exchange-- talk about feeling like a real grown-up. I wore perfume and we dropped Grace off at a babysitters (Grandma and Grandpa's). Tom was feeling really good by the end of the night and ended up wearing my scarf home. Saturday night we went to the Lighted Parade, Mom & Dad's for some celebrating and then to Tom's sister Angie's to finish off the night. I know when January comes, I will be ready to hibernate for awhile . . . but for right now we LOVE heading out the door and having 1, 2 or 3 parties to hit!

The crew at the parade last night . . . This was Grace's expression for most of the parade . . . a few times she whispered "pretties" . . .

We only stayed for about half of the parade and towards the end, she stuck one hand out of her cocoon and waved as the people went by . . .Some random pictures from the week . . . little Miss Eccentric . . . beads and books and settled into Daddy's chair . . . Playing in the tubby . . . She loves to sit at her table and look at "toys" . . . I think she is looking at the American Girl catalog in this one . . .Tom bundled her up to go up to the shop and visit with the guys . . . She always grabs her purse and says, "BYE BYE!" Have to use the Thanksgiving outfit as much as we can . . . headed to church this morning. And a few more words Grace says that end with "eeee" so I don't forget . . . washee, medicee, churchee, santee (santa), raisee (raisins).

It has been amazing to watch Grace look at all the Christmas decorations and lights . . . the joy it brings her is pure magic. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month brings us. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll catch a picture of her playing with and kissing Baby Jesus.

1 comment:

theSNAPsisters said...

Are you having a baby? Saw the widget....Congrats! I have seen that Im cold look on Gracie's face before:)