Monday, November 30, 2009

over the meadow . . .

Thanksgiving 2009 was fabulous. Thankfully, we never have to travel over meadows and through woods for any of our holiday celebrations. This was a Larson year for Thanksgiving (we do every other year with Tom's family) and about 40 of us gathered at my Mom & Dad's. I usually don't go crazy over turkey . . . but we had the BEST turkey ever. Pitifully . . . I have no pictures of the beautiful tables or of everyone sitting and eating. These are the only two decent pictures I got . . .

Grace was "hungy" and reaching for the food . . .
Jack, Grace and Max entertaining the big people . . . We came home and took a nap, and then went to the Judy's for more celebrating and pie eating . . .

When Grace woke up, she found a "hatty" and had to wear it around . . .
YAY! Alison's home . . . for real this time. So excited that she will be living back in the real Washington instead of Washington D.C.
Poor Jake . . . Grace was so sad that her "Jakey" was sleeping. She just couldn't leave him alone.
WOW! A real Pilgrim and member of the Wampanoag tribe were at our feast . . . I'll admit it . . . I do stress a little about "holiday outfits". This is what Grace wore . . . Look at that round face last year . . . These are the shoes she was supposed to wear, but they were a tad too big and kept slipping off her feet. That hasn't stopped her from putting them on (usually the wrong feet) and wearing her "petty shoes" all around the house. I always make a turkey and pumpkin pie for us the weekend after Thanksgiving. I LOVE this picture of Tom carving the turkey . . . Hope your Thanksgiving was delicious and filled with your favorite people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You cook a freakin' turkey? I don't do even do that!!! I bow to you, Queen Amanda of the Turkey! :-)

Dana Lohrer said...

LOVE the pics! Grace's outfit is so adorable!!! Those shoes are too cute! I don't blame her for wanting to wear them around everywhere!!!! Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving!!! Hope you are feeling well, too!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!