Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas morning . . .

Grace got a play kitchen which she took to like she'd had it for years. She woke up at 6:00 and played with the kitchen for 2 solid hours before we had to get ready to go to my Grandma's. She also got some felt play food and an apron which I didn't get pictures of. Don't you love the morning hair? She loves to bring you food and then say "thank you" as she walks off to get you a second helping. As I ate my lunch this afternoon, I accumulated pizza, pancakes and cake in a pile beside me. Good thing that play food has zero calories. If I'm trying to keep her busy while I am doing something, another great "game" is to have her go get certain foods and bring them to me. While I am typing this I have had her bring me a hot dog (she brought a hot dog), milk (she brought bread), a banana (she brought a banana) and a tomato (she brought an orange). We also like to play "which foods go in the oven?" and "which foods go in the fridge?" I promise I do let her just PLAY most of the time. :)

I thought the little stool was a waste when I first saw it, but she sits down on it and says, "okay, okay, okay" real serious like she is deciding if she should make the cookies or pizza first.

I debated and debated and debated over which kitchen to get . . . wood or plastic? pink and girlie or more neutral? Ultimately I waited so long it came down to which one was in stock and would get here by Christmas!

No comments: