This passage was directed towards the shepherds who were watching their flocks at night. Humble people, humble circumstances. What did they know of this world? What did they know of God's plan? They went to see, and they didn't just walk . . . the scriptures tell us they hurried. What great faith it must have taken to see a messenger of the Lord, then to listen, go and see. I hope that amid the fun and excitement of this day . . . the shredded and torn wrapping paper that will be all over, my family will have something more . . . an understanding of the peace, happiness, and joy, the great message of love, that this single event in the history of time means for us. He lived as "a babe in swaddling clothes" and He lives today. I pray that we can all be humble and have the faith to listen, and to go and see what great works He has in store for each one of us.

Merry Christmas!P.S.
I'll be back with our Christmas wrap-up in a few days . . . I'll be too busy stuffing my face with fudge and sitting on couches watching my Gracie girl be entertained by our families to be on the computer. That is a real vacation my friends.
1 comment:
Let earth receive her King! May your day be full of love, laughter, and as always.... it's not Christmas until someone's crying. I just hope it's someone three and under, not me! :-) Merry Christmas friend!
Post a Comment