Grace la, la, la LOVED sweet baby Brinley . . . it was NOT my idea to let Grace hold her, but she was pretty gentle.

Back for more holding time . . .
Getting one more look at Brinley while Great Grandma holds them both . . . 
Next stop was Grandma and Grandpa DeHoog's . . . see Tom, plaid is IN.
Not sure who ended up with these cool headlamps in the gift exchange, but Grace LOVED them. Oh, you may notice we're down a shirt . . . just about at the end of the adult gift exchange, I heard Teddy yell, "Grace puked!". Lovely. Apparently I hadn't been watching what she was grabbing off the food table closely enough and it looked as though she had consumed A LOT of cucumbers and sugar cookies.
Whoops . . . down another shirt. After further inspection, we realized even her undershirt smelled like puke.
If you've ever seen Grace run while she is excited, you recognize these flailing arms . . . she definitely runs like a girl.
Back at home for an afternoon nap . . . her plaid outfit went straight into the wash so it would be ready to wear for the last party of the day. We couldn't ruin our plaid family streak now. After trying to get her to wear the apron earlier in the morning, she finally decided she wanted to wear it. Of course she wouldn't let me tighten it or tie the ties or anything crazy like that. In Grace's words, "I do it!".
One more Christmas day party to recap and a day after party . . . hopefully I can squeeze them in before I have to tell about our New Year's excitement! P.S.
We learned on Christmas night that my cousin and his wife welcomed a sweet baby girl into their family Christmas afternoon . . . definitely a Christmas they'll never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment