Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grace is funny . . .

things she has been saying lately:

"bless you" (when I sneeze)
"you sad? I sad." (she will stick her lip out and fake cry)
"where daddy go?" (I answer: work, hunting, fishing, etc) "I want daddy! I want daddy! I want daddy!" and on and on and on . . .
"putball players!" for some reason she is obsessed with football players . . . if she sees them on tv, she goes nuts.
she has to say "bye bye" to each one of her 9 ducks and kiss them before she will get out of the bathtub
everything she says ends with an "eeeeee" for example: bitey, Jakey, Gacey (what she calls herself), bookie, bedee, etc.


To answer a few pregnancy questions . . . I know, I know, I NEVER believed anyone when they said the baby was a "surprise". Come on, we all know how it happens. Well . . . I do believe in surprises now . . . I think I must have laid Tom and my pants together too close on the bed or something and that's how this whole thing happened. Alright, enough about that . . . honestly, when I first found out, I felt extreme guilt. I didn't want Grace to NOT be my baby anymore. I even told Tom that I would keep Grace and he could have the new baby. Our plan REALLY, truly was to wait until Grace was three . . . I wasn't just telling everyone that. But, luckily HIS plans are for greater than any we can imagine, and now I couldn't be more thrilled. I know our capacity for love is astounding, and the love felt for your children is nothing less than breathtaking.


We won't be finding out if it is a boy or a girl. Mostly Tom's decision, but I like the fun in not knowing too. Yep, we already have our names picked out and no, we're not telling what they are. I am going to treasure these next 6 months while Grace is still "officially" my baby. I know once the new little peanut gets here, she will be the best big sister and helper, but I also know she will also grow up a lot during that time too.


I am horribly behind on blogging . . . but here are a few fun picture of the Gracester. My Mom found this adorable high chair and baby bed at a garage sale and painted it, and then I found some fabric and my Grandma made a pillow, blanket and mattress for it. Grace LOVES them.

No comments: