Saturday, April 11, 2009

the Easter celebrations begin . . .

Took a blogging break for a few days, because we had nothing to blog about . . . we have had the mellowest spring break and it was AWESOME.

Last night we went to church and the message was, "It's Friday, but Sunday is coming." Love that . . . we went to church in Sumas and Pastor Ben played the most BEAUTIFUL version of "Where you there when they crucified my Lord?" Good thing I wasn't snuggling my sweet girl while he was playing it or I would have surely been in tears. Tom spent most of the service in the back with the Gracie-girl . . . she LOVED the music but was a little too loud for the solemn service.

This morning Grace went to her first Easter Egg hunt . . . can I just say that Sumas ROCKS. No waiting in line with hoards of screaming children to see the Easter bunny at Wal-Mart or the mall, Sumas has it's very own. Sorry E-town and Nooksack, but you got nothing on Sumas. :)

Grace and her bunny shirt . . . Meeting the bunny (Auntie Angie) . . . Grace DID NOT want the bunny to hold herThe bunny even tells JOKES!

Tom's family was running the show . . . we filled all the eggs last week, Russ and Clay set out all the eggs this morning and Angie was the bunny. Fun to see lots of my 1st grade friends there and I even had a mini-conference with a parent . . . one of the "perks" of living in the community you teach in. :)

Grace,
Today was your first Easter Egg hunt . . . and while it is so important that we don't miss the reason that we celebrate, I loved the silliness and fun of seeing you with the Easter bunny. In years to come, you will be out there will all the other kids, finding eggs . . . I hope you always remember to seek and find Him.

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9

Love,
Mom

No comments: