Monday, April 6, 2009

10 months old . . .

Dear Grace,

Being your mom is indescribable . . . the joy I feel when you hold your arms out for me, when you say mama, when you make silly faces, it is all so amazing. As you grow, we are seeing more and more of your personality, and what a sweet personality it is . . . you are nothing other than pure joy.

That being said . . . this is the month where you found your will. You throw your head back and squeal and thrash your body around so I can hardly hold on to you when things don’t go your way. Distraction usually works and you are back to your sweet self in no time. It is cute to watch your excited defiance when I tell you “not for babies” and you crawl to whatever it is as fast as you can anyway. You have the glint of mischief in your eye and a smile that will probably let you get away with whatever trouble it gets you in.

Clapping has become one of your favorite things to do and I need to thank you for that because I am finally getting some validation around here. I put my shirt on? You clap like it’s the most poetic thing you’ve ever seen. I unload the dishwasher? Your pudgy little hands are doing double-time. But the best though is just walking into a room and getting a standing ovation. I have to say, that rocks.

I love to make you laugh like a maniac and snuggle with you while you nurse. Making you squawk and squeal is the best feeling ever, and I love having a still moment with you while you seek comfort in my arms.

A few of this month's stats:

Weight: approximately 21 pounds

Your sleep habits: You usually take a nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. You go to bed anytime between 9:00-11:00 and sleep all night with us. I think your Daddy has finally given up on getting you out of our bed anytime soon.

Your eating habits: You are still nursing on demand and eating 2-3 meals a day and 2 snacks. You are eating pretty much everything we eat and if we try to sneak something and don’t want to share, you are pulling on our pants legs faster than we can scarf down whatever it was we were trying to eat. You love to sit in your high chair with a tray of “num nums” and feed yourself.

Your favorite things: You got several new toys that have balls and you love to chase them around. You love to push buttons on anything . . . the computer printer, the clicker, your toys, calculators, the phone, the credit card machine at the grocery store . . . your little fingers LOVE buttons. Paper is still very exciting and you have eaten your fair share of it. You love to bang things together, crawl around with tiny things in your hands, and your little tongue starts going crazy when I get out the vitamin D drops . . . you love them. You are in LOVE with your Grandpa Jones and I call you “Grandpa’s girl” . . . when he brings you to visit me at school, you don’t even want to come to me. Obviously that makes me a little sad, but it is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. You absolutely adore him.

Other random info: Your hair is really starting to come in and you have the cutest little curl in the back. I have started to put clips in it every Sunday . . . you are getting quite the collection of “hair accessories”. You say “dada” and “mama”, separation anxiety has kicked in . . . as soon as I take you out of the car in the morning, you lay your head on my shoulder and snuggle in as if you are silently protesting me dropping you off. Sometimes you cry when I leave, sometimes not. You love to point at things with your pointer finger . . . especially eyes . . . Daddy’s eyes, Mommy’s eyes, eyes on stuffed animals, eyes in books. I can hardly change your diaper sometimes because you roll and squirm and kick and crawl away. You love to look at books and turn the pages on your own and occasionally you sit still long enough to listen to me read one to you. You can stand up for a minute or so at a time and are “cruising” along things. You love to stand and look out the windows.

Things to remember about March. . . we celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with the Jones’s, we had a play-date with Mommy’s school friend Megan and her daughter Jacyln, we celebrated Aunt Karen’s 50th birthday with a surprise party and bowling, and celebrated Grandma Jones’s birthday.

Grace, you are my sunshine. Oh how I love you my sweet baby girl. I hope you wrap the world around your finger the same way you’ve wrapped me. There will be no denying you anything then.

Happy ten months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom

No comments: