Dear Grace,Another month has gone by . . . you are sitting on my lap as I type this and I still can't believe what a happy, mellow, go-with-the-flow baby you are. Even though I have to wake you up each morning, give you a bath and get you dressed and drop you off all before 8:00 a.m., you still have the biggest smiles and giggles for me when I pick you up. I still feel guilty about having to leave you, but I've gotten more used to dropping you off in the morning and although I miss you, I know you are well taken care of. It's when I drive in the driveway to get you that my stomach does flip flops. I can hardly get in the door fast enough . . . I am so excited and giddy to get you back in my arms.
A few of this month's stats:
Weight: approximately 16.6 pounds
Your sleep habits: You go to sleep around 8:30 at night, and wake up around midnight and then at least once more during the night. During the day you take anywhere from 2-4 naps ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. You don't do this according to any schedule . . . if you are tired, you sleep.
Your eating habits: You usually go for about 4 hours in between feedings, but lots of times you need a little "snack" in between and I'm more than happy to sit and snuggle with you while you do. The same as with sleeping, you don't eat on a schedule, if you are hungry . . . I feed you. You are starting to reach for food and be interested in what your Dad and I are eating.
Weight: approximately 16.6 pounds
Your sleep habits: You go to sleep around 8:30 at night, and wake up around midnight and then at least once more during the night. During the day you take anywhere from 2-4 naps ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. You don't do this according to any schedule . . . if you are tired, you sleep.
Your eating habits: You usually go for about 4 hours in between feedings, but lots of times you need a little "snack" in between and I'm more than happy to sit and snuggle with you while you do. The same as with sleeping, you don't eat on a schedule, if you are hungry . . . I feed you. You are starting to reach for food and be interested in what your Dad and I are eating.
Your favorite things: You love to play! And you aren't a delicate flower either . . . the rougher the better. You love it when your Dad throws you in the air . . . I panic a little . . . your Dad throws you again . . . I panic, but you love it. You love to snuggle with a blanket and sometimes even pull the pillow on your face when you are laying in our bed. You love when I put lotion on you in the morning after your bath . . . I give you a little mini massage and you coo and smile and we talk about where you are going that day.
Other random info: You have lost most of your hair and it looks like it is coming in blond, but we'll have to wait and see. You are starting to scoot backwards and you can turn yourself around in all directions. You still get startled really easily . . . I thought this was something you might outgrow, but a sudden sneeze or door slam will send you into hysterics. Maybe you have tender feelings like you Mama. You had your first cold this month . . . and it lasted for most of the month. You were blowing snot bubbles out your nose on Halloween . . . it added to the spookiness of the day. You "sing" yourself to sleep sometimes . . . I got this on video because I don't ever want to forget how sweet it is. You learned how to blow raspberries and it is pretty funny. You have started to pull hair . . . Cousin Jake tells you "never, never" when you try to pull his or Grandma's hair. You also hold on tight to us when we are walking around with you.
Things to remember about this month . . . you met your new cousins Jack and Max. There are now 5 Jones grand kids! Your Dad went hunting for 10 days and missed you terribly . . . you smiled every time you heard his voice on the phone and laughed when he walked in the door. You were baptized at Nooksack Valley Reformed Church by Pastor Chuck. We had everyone over to Grandma Jones's for brunch afterwards . . . it was a very special day. You went to your first Bungholio party . . . I can't wait to explain this Jones tradition to you and all the other crazy things we do. You were a cow for your first Halloween . . . it was so fun to show you off to all the Grandma's and Grandpa's. We also celebrated Teddy and Aunt Barb's birthdays with a party at Grandma Jessie's.
Grace, you have the sweetest smile I have ever seen. You bring us unimaginable joy. You constantly find new ways to steal our hearts. We are your biggest fans.
Happy five months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom
Things to remember about this month . . . you met your new cousins Jack and Max. There are now 5 Jones grand kids! Your Dad went hunting for 10 days and missed you terribly . . . you smiled every time you heard his voice on the phone and laughed when he walked in the door. You were baptized at Nooksack Valley Reformed Church by Pastor Chuck. We had everyone over to Grandma Jones's for brunch afterwards . . . it was a very special day. You went to your first Bungholio party . . . I can't wait to explain this Jones tradition to you and all the other crazy things we do. You were a cow for your first Halloween . . . it was so fun to show you off to all the Grandma's and Grandpa's. We also celebrated Teddy and Aunt Barb's birthdays with a party at Grandma Jessie's.
Grace, you have the sweetest smile I have ever seen. You bring us unimaginable joy. You constantly find new ways to steal our hearts. We are your biggest fans.
Happy five months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom

3 comments:
Oh, Amanda! Grace is one blessed little girl to have you as her mommy! She is such a darling little girl! Her smiles are so sweet! What a tender heart you have and I am sure Grace will be the same! We love you all so much! Give little Gracie some kisses for us!
Okay, so I'm expecting by next month there is NO WAY you are going to be able to type that ooshy-gooshy-make-everyone-want-to-cry letter with that busy bee on your lap! LOVE the picture collage, it's my favorite so far!
she looks so much older this month! ahh...the oh-my-goodness-that's-my-baby-you're-throwing-in-the-air panic...I now just turn away, it still freaks me out!
Post a Comment