Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby D Update . . .

Well it looks like we may get to meet Baby D sooner than we thought . . . at my doctor's appointment this morning, Dr. Mora said that he wants to induce me next week. I think I am still in a little bit of shock . . . I was CERTAIN that he was going to say "let's hold off as long as we can." Instead he said that there is no reason to wait any longer than 37 weeks when you are dealing with preeclampsia . . . yes, even MILD preeclampsia. :) My blood pressure was okay at the office today but the results from the 24 hour urine collection came back high for protein again. I go back again on Monday for another nonstress test and then we'll schedule the induction. If though, the induction doesn't work, they will send me home . . . Dr. Mora said that unless things changed for the worse, a c-section would not be necessary at this point in the game. Sooooo . . . by next weekend we could be holding Baby D!

1 comment:

Dana Lohrer said...

Oh, wow! That is so exciting! We will continue praying that everything goes well. That whatever is best for you and Baby D will happen! We can't wait to hear the wonderful news! Now, I am really bummed if the baby comes early and I won't be at the baby shower when you bring him/her to show he/she off! Love you! Many blessings over you and Tom as you prepare and get all the last minute details taken care of! Love you guys!