Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well . . .

my summer vacation has started a little earlier than normal this year. :) I went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia. The diagnosis was based on high blood pressure and too much protein in my urine. I haven't had any of the other symptons (headaches, blurred vision, dizziness, or nausea) I'll be on bedrest until the baby comes . . . which could be as little as 4 weeks. The doctor said yesterday they would probably induce me at 39 weeks . . . I'm not banking on that because I didn't get to see my normal doctor, but I'm hoping that holds true! I go back on Friday for a biophysical profile which is another ultrasound but they give the baby a score with a possible 8 points for how well it's breathing, moving, how much amniotic fluid there is and it's heart rate. We're praying Baby D gets a perfect 8 out of 8!

Sooooo . . . while Tom is threatening to buy me a Sudoku book, I'm not that bored yet . . . but we'll see what the next few weeks bring. While I am bummed about missing the last 16 days of my 1st graders life in 1st grade, I am so thankful for the proactive doctors that I have, my fabulous husband who makes me laugh when I'm ready to melt into tears and my family and friends who are calling and emailing to make sure Baby D and I are okay. I'm incredibly lucky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay if you want a visitor (or a visitor and a half) give me a call - Coop and I would love to come see you during the day when everyone else is at work if you are bored! Call me! Loves and take care :)