Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Tommy!

{These are totally random and are in no particular order.}

Here they are, Tommy . . . 28 Things I Love About You . . .

1. Your big bear hugs.
2. The fact that you cook better than me. Way better.
3. You make me laugh about 46 times every day . . . even when we're not together, I can think of something you've done and it makes me giggle.
4. You are going to be the best dad because you are still so much a kid yourself.
5. The ease at which you can strike up and form new friendships--anywhere at anytime.
6. You use the same hair putty as me.
7. Even though I can't dance, you make me feel like I can.
8. You are one of the hardest workers I know . . . you throw yourself into your work and give 110%.
9.When I told you I was pregnant you got the best look in your eyes and gave the best hug.
10. You know that Heaven is real and you look forward to spending eternity there. Someday.
11. You have made ordinary days in my life memorable and extraordinary. More than once.
12. How much you love BOTH our families.
13. How excited you are to become a Dad.

14. That certain things you do and say never fail to make me laugh, and you know this and so embrace every opportunity to do them.
15. That facial expression you have in which I can see exactly what you looked like at 5 years old.
16. You listen patiently to all my "school stories" even though I know you would rather not.
17. You watch "The Hills" with me.
18. That you will eat anything I cook . . . even when I won't eat it.
19. You can do mental math like no other.
20. You can get me to laugh hysterically in 4.3 seconds by simply quoting Ricky Bobby lines . . . "I wrecked the car, got mauled by a cougar, and my Crystal Gale shirt is ruined."
21. That you love kids as much as I do.
22. That we've known each other over half our lives already.
23. You let me pick out fishing corkies for you at GI Joe's (I mostly pick pink ones)
24. You can visit with anyone about anything . . . we are complete opposites in that way.
25. You are just as excited to see the Sex and the City movie as I am.
26. You always make me feel safe and protected.

27. We have the same friends . . . and have had them since we were little.
28. That fact that I'm already at #28 and could keep going and going . . .


Here's the birthday cake I made . . . I forgot to take a picture before we dug in . . . whoops. Can you tell it's supposed to be grass on the bottom? Tom loves his new landscaping job, but called me ecstatic on the phone tonight because he got to stack silage on his birthday. He'll always be a farm boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tom!!

MistyAnn said...

Happy Birthday Tom!!