Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Nacho Libre kind of day . . .


Seriously . . . is that not the funniest thing you've ever seen? One of my little guys came in this morning and said his Grandpa bought him some masks. Masks? What kind of masks? Nacho Libre kind of masks . . . I was so glad I had my camera at school today. I could not stop laughing and then of course all the kids wanted to try them on and I still couldn't stop laughing so instead of starting our school "jobs" at 9:00, we started at 9:15 . . . life in 1st grade is pretty tough.

In other news . . . we have a 1/2 day today. Usually when this happens we have meetings all afternoon, but today we get to have the afternoon to ourselves for report card prep. BUT . . . I AM OUT OF SNACKS . . . and completely bummed by this. Drank my pop. Ate my string cheese. Ate my yogurt [without reading the "active live cultures" on the side - as that ALWAYS grosses me out while eating it]. And now I am out. It's either: a. break into the "snack cupboard" b. actually do something productive. Some days I feel like I am in an Office Space. During my planning time each day I probably only do about 15-20 mininutes of SOLID work. Today is one of those days. I have all this time to work on report cards . . . but I find myself doing anything but be productive. So I snack to pass the time. No more snacks. Back to report cards.

No comments: