
I watched this documentary this weekend and I have to say I was really saddened by it . . . has anyone else watched this? The part that saddened me the most is that these children's hearts were on fire for the Lord but never once throughout the film did you hear them talk about loving others they way Jesus did. It was all about your sin and fear. One of the little girls even talked about Jesus "not liking to go to" churches where you don't jump up and down and yell. I know so many God fearing people who attend churches like this and would never question their commitment to God at all. And Levi, a young boy in the film, stated that "being around non-christians make him feel yucky inside". Do you think that is how Jesus felt when he hung around non Christians? I don't think so... we are commanded to love others and that was missing in these children's lives and it was really sad to see. It just seemed to me that these children are going to become very judgmental adults that have no love for the whole person's heart and that is sad to me.
Afterwards, Tom and I were talking about how we hope that we will someday raise our future children to love people and to not judge them for the type of church they go to or how they worship God. And that they learn from us that God loves them and that He desires for all of us to come to Him out of love and not out of fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment