Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Boomba Boomba!

We had such a fabulous time in Las Vegas! Cheap tickets, free room (thanks to Tom's Mom & Dad's Trendwest condo), fun traveling mates, HOT weather, the Lazy River pool, lots of laughs . . . what could be better? My three goals for this trip were:

1. get a tan
2. eat lots
3. take lots of pictures

And . . . I was successful at all three of them! I am burned to a crisp, I have lots of pictures to share and scrapbook and I ate so much at the buffets that it's embarassing . . . let's start with the plane . . .

The plane ride was blissfully uneventful. I only encountered one problem. A woeful lack of snack and drink. I expected a pop and some pretzels that I might be able to make last a good half-hour by alternating one pretzel, one sip of pop. But a little plastic cup filled with ice (which I didn't want . . . you know how I hate ice) and a quarter-can of pop equals about one large gulp and the ramen flavor packet-sized bag of pretzel mix was only half full. I could've downed them both in the blink of an eye, but I'm good. I made it last two blinks of an eye.

The taxi ride was also blissfully uneventful. I was slightly concerned for my safety at first. I mean, how am I supposed to know whether Pavil the Toothless was going to take us to the condo or some alley alongside the river? His picture on his license posted in the taxi offered no comfort. It looked awfully like a mugshot to me. And that powerful, overwhelming aroma of some awful cologne? Who knows. . . that might be to cover up the stench of a decaying corpse hidden somewhere beneath my seat. But my worries were for naught. He drove us directly to the condo. Ok...maybe not quite directly, because somehow our taxi ride cost about five dollars more than it did on the way back to the airport, for the exact same route. Fishy. Maybe he headed for the scary alley, but then sensed we could probably kick and scratch real hard so he abandoned his dastardly plan and proceeded to the condo. We'll never know.

Let's just say I'm not a big fan of traveling by taxi . . . on our way from Freemont Street back to the strip on St. Patrick's Day we told our driver that we wanted to go to Margaritaville, but he said that that was a bad choice and told the guys they should just go back to the hotel with "your nice wives and go boomba boomba" anywhoo . . .

Here are some pictures . . .

St. Patrick's Day on Freemont Street
Tom and Russ buying their beer in bulk and storing it in their pockets Tom and Russ playing piano at FAO Schwartz

The beautiful Bellagio . . . the watershow was one of our favorite things
Tom and Russ in the pool
Getting ready to go to the Lazy River pool

I was in love with all the beautiful chandeliers, and of course wanted our picture taken by one


The big gamblers . . . between the four of us we gambled a total of 13 dollars

Of course Tom would find a pig

I have lots more pictures . . . I'll share more later on this week. As for right now, it's back to cleaning up my classroom . . . my kids paid me back dearly today for being gone for 2 days !

No comments: