Sunday, September 5, 2010

nothing . . .

too spectacular. Just documenting what we did last week . . .

Monday we went to the Sale Barn for lunch and to watch some of the auction. How ironic is it that I would take our kids to the Sale Barn for the first time instead of Tom? This winter when they take some pigs to the sale, we'll have to go as a family . . .

Lunch was DELICIOUS.We got to the sale near the end . . . we mostly saw chickens, but a horse came through and I tried to shrug my shoulder and bid on that $35 beauty, but apparently you have to have a number and register and be legit and everything. We played at our favorite Nooksack Park afterwards . . . Tuesday it was POURING down rain and Tom only worked in the morning, so we went to Costco and Wal-Mart. He went out to feed the chickens when we got home and found EGGS! We have been waiting and waiting and waiting!We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for coffee Wednesday morning and Grace insisted on wearing her new Spongebob pajamas.Thursday morning Grace ate our eggs for breakfast!Friday morning Grace woke up and I think she ate crack-soup for breakfast, because she was wired from the word go. So we called up our favorite adventurers and met to play at Bender and then ate lunch at Donald's. She started SCREAMING when she saw Jake and Max she was so excited and ran ALL the way from the car to the playground. She's a nut. And we've been doing a new hair-DO lately . . . the "pony on top" as Grace calls it, to stop all the flak about cutting her bangs and getting them out of her eyes. Tom and Carl left Friday to go fishing and camping up at the Frasier River. They left one sad little girl behind. A separate post coming later about the PHENOMENAL fishing these guys are experiencing. Tom has called no less than 16 times to tell me how PHENOMENAL the fishing is . . . "Amanda, I don't think I'll ever fish as good as this as long as I live." And we wonder where Grace gets her dramatic side from?Saturday morning we went to Grandma Jessie's to help with canning beans and freezing corn. These girls like it raw . . . This is another one of those times when I love to imagine this same scene playing out about 25 years earlier and a chubby little Tommy running around and playing with the cousins just like Grace did that day.I was WORTHLESS as a helper. I husked some corn and that was about it. I will say a silent prayer for these hard working ladies each time I open a jar of beans or applesauce or bag of corn this year. It is A LOT of work and we get to reap the benefits all year long. Lunch break . . . Last night we celebrated my Grandma Larson's birthday at the Nooksack Park . . . thanks Sally and Amy for most of the pictures. I must have been tired from all my corn husking earlier in the day. :)Mom brought this Lemonade Stand for the kids to play with . . . Jake and Brayden took over and with their good looks and some tart Lemonade, made $4.55. These two have created an AMAZING legacy. That's all for last week . . . can't wait to see what we can stir up for next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that you do this blog for your own memories and recollection, but can I just say how much I adore it? Okay, I will. I adore it so much!!!! Things you do remind me of my childhood so much, and inspire me to do things and make memories with our kids too. You never fail to bring a smile to my face AND a tear to my eye!