Nope . . . no "Mrs. DeHoog" this year . . . I'm staying home with my babies. Something I have dreamed about doing since I was a little girl . . . being a stay-at-home Mom.I think I knew all summer long I wasn't going back, but it took until about two weeks ago to make "the call." I was nervous, Tom was nervous . . . it's a big decision. But it was confirmed to me once again (I forget sometimes) that if you let the righteous desires of your heart be known, your prayers will be answered. I am still unfolding the layers of different blessings this huge change in our lives contains, and I'm sure I won't ever know the whole picture, but I have such whole-hearted peace that this path was created for me to become the woman God intended.
So, now that my "summer break" is indefinite . . . it's Grace, Vince and me baby, all day. After the decision was final, I had a few moments of panic and worried that I might feel unfulfilled, or unappreciated, or unrecognized. I was so used to being in a bustling environment, with deadlines (this procrastinator needs deadlines), and paychecks. And while Grace and Vince can't tell me "Good work, DeHoog" the total and complete love and acceptance I feel from them is unmatched. No one looks at me the way they do. In the real world I might be laid-off or let go, or fired for some of the unknowing mistakes I've made as a mom, but they are so forgiving. They've let me come into my own in this "job" and have been patient and loving every step of the way. When I rock Grace to sleep and just before she closes her eyes, she looks at me like I'm the most beautiful thing she's ever seen, and says, "I love you Mama" . . . I can't help but think "pay day!" When Vince has a fistful of my hair by the root and snorts because he's laughing so hard . . . "pay day!"Maybe this work isn't important to the world, but it is important to us. Who cares what they think anyway? These little people have changed me in so many ways, separated me from a world that is becoming less deserving of their purity by the day. A world that can make you believe motherhood is anything less than magic. I can never thank them enough for that.




I think they're happy about it too.
3 comments:
There are some kids who are totally missing out on an INCREDIBLE teacher, but I'm glad that YOUR KIDS get their mama all the time. They KINDA adore you!
Congratulations on making the jump! It is hard at times when you realize how that extra paycheck is so nice, but your kids will thank you for it when they are older (if they have any sense at all). And, there is nothing better than a mama staying home with her babies. Have a lot of fun!
Most of our work goes unnoticed. We can have the busiest day ever and when asked what we did that day the answer is "nothing". Children won't remember if the laundry was done on Friday September 10th, but they'll remember that Mommy loved to read books to them and snuggle and gave the BEST hugs ever. That's what's important in life. Yes, there is no monetary gain from it but the LOVE and TIME is PRICELESS!!!! Enjoy the SAH Mommy Club.
Post a Comment