Tuesday, August 3, 2010

we're classy.

For our 8th anniversary, we celebrated with TV dinners at home. DELICIOUS. and CLASSY.

More importantly 8 years ago yesterday was the day I married my best friend. I love my husband SOOOOO much, we are SOULMATES, we are SO in love. blah blah blah. I have no idea (nor care) whether we are more in love than some or less in love than others, I only know us. And I think we are pretty rad. So to make this anniversary post extra special, here is a list of things that we put up with each other everyday, and yet we STILL are happy.

Husband:
Drives like a granny in the city. On dirt he's Jeff Gordon, but any metropolis over 50k and he's putt putt putting all over.
Has WAY too many hobbies. Like, 6 of them, that are very expensive and time consuming.
He snores.
Has to have Lever 2000 ORIGINAL soap.
Likes runny eggs.
Likes juicy, fatty bacon.

Wife:
Never finishes anything. ANYTHING. Can't even shut cupboards or close drawers when she's cooking.
Talks incessantly, and especially at night when husband is dead tired.
Has an opinion about everything, and is usually right (author took some liberties on that one).
Flies by the seat of her pants . . . you never know when stuff is going on or who's coming over or where she is.
Leaves diapers lying around the house.
Undercooks chicken on a regular basis
Likes eggs over hard.
Likes crispy, burnt bacon.

Actually, the last point defines our marriage perfectly. It's all a compromise . . . I eat the crispy bacon and he polishes off the fatty and everyone's happy.

P.S.
Before you start leaving hate comments for Tom for planning such an un-romantic anniversary, I went to the doctor yesterday and have strep throat and a breast infection. Thus the reason for TV dinners at home to celebrate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think instead of "we're classy" you should go with "we WERE classy!" based on that first photo in your post! I remember the day you two were married... two young things, head over heals in love with each other. You had to have been, why else would a grown man agree to a pink wedding? :-) I love to see your marriage going strong, 8 years in, and to see all the love and KIDS that God has blessed you with. Now THAT'S pretty RAD! :-)

P.S. I love it when you blog when you aren't feeling well, those posts are always most entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you are felling better soon! I remember that day eight years ago like it was yesterday. Love you all.

MOM

Heidi Young said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary to me. :)

TV Dinners are better than our typical "order a pizza in" date nights around my house. At least you can say you cooked.

Congrats you two! I can't believe 8 years have gone by already.