Thursday, August 26, 2010

3 months old . . .

To my sweet Vince,

Summer has flown by and I'm so happy to have spent it with you in my arms! Your first summer . . . you beat the heat in nothing but a diaper most days. So fun to think this is just the beginning of all the summer memories we will make . . . lighting sparklers, sketching sidewalk chalk people, letting popsicle juice trickle down our chins, dancing in the sprinkler . . . enjoying all the joys of sun and fun together.

You love to tell wild stories, and you will go on and on for minutes . . . you blow bubbles, your ear to ear smiles light up your whole face, and when you're excited your eyes get w i d e and your two dimples show. When I'm cleaning I play music for us and while your sister has her own signature dance moves, you go crazy in your swing like you're raising the roof. Anytime Grace and I twirl in circles, I catch you looking so mesmerized by it, and I think you must be so wishing for the day you can spin and spin until you're dizzy. You're starting to strain your neck like you want to sit up, but if you're tired or full-bellied, you still melt into me like a newborn. You are a chunky-monkey and I couldn't be more proud to see your little chubby fingers, and the rolls in your thighs and tummy. Nursing is nothing short of wonderful and it feels great to know that it's working wonders, too. You found your hands this month, and you suck on them non-stop. You're 16 pounds of yummy soft goodness and we couldn't stop kissing you if we tried. Nothing melts my heart faster then seeing your little head turn to me when you hear my voice, or your gummy grin when I pick you up. You know who your Mom and Dad and Gracie-girl are, our voices, our smell, and we love it!

Life is good with you in it, we love you to the moon!

The world is yours Vince.

Love,
Mom

No comments: