
To my sweet Vince,
Can you believe it has been two months already? I can't either. In this month of your life, I have soaked up every moment of you and Grace and I kiss and love on you all day long. We call you our little "boyfriend." I don't get much done, that's for sure. But, I have seen every coo, every sneeze, and who needs clean dishes anyhow?
In your second month of life, you turned into a real mama's boy. Or maybe just a boob's boy, wherever the food is, that's where you'd like to be. You gave your first laugh to your dad, and boy was I jealous! I spent the next few days acting a fool to earn my own laugh and finally on my birthday, you let me have it (you may never top that birthday present.)
You have come out of your newborn haze, you are alert and thoughtful. When you want to play, you kick your legs and throw your arms about. When you want to sleep, you don't know quite what to do with yourself. You are talking and gabbing, and haven't found volume control . . . sometimes you squawk so loud you startle yourself. You're a pro-nurser now--quick & efficient--even with your eyes closed.
You love to stand, love the wind in your face, and weirdly, you love when I suction out your nose boogies. We figured out a language you and I, you taught me what sounds mean food, toots, burps, sleep, or just to be held.
Your daddy-o and I spent this month figuring out what it's like to be married and parents of two kids, and how to have the best of both. Because of you and your sister, we love each other even more than before, and you are proving to us that love does not divide, it multiplies.
You have the most calm and peaceful spirit about you, and every minute we get to spend with you, is a minute we are blessed to have. We can't wait to see how you learn and grow in the next month.
The world is yours Vince.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment