We went to Jen and Andrew's wedding reception last weekend
Grace's first time wearing an actual "outfit" She's just been wearing pajamas mostly because that is all that fits her scrawny little body, but she's filling out a little bit now so we decided to get dressed up to go to Grandma and Grandpa's on Friday night! (Thanks again for the pants Amy!)
A little Gracie update . . . my due date was last Thursday, so it was kind of weird to think she could only be a few days old right now. At her 2 week appointment, she was back up to 7 pounds, 10 ounces which was only an ounce away from her birth weight. More clothes are starting to fit her now, so I know she's getting bigger. At night she had been sleeping on me in our bed, but now she will sleep in the pack and play (which is next to our bed) snuggled in the boppy pillow. Baths aren't quite as traumatic anymore . . . I think it might have been might fault she hated them in the beginning . . . I think I had the water too cold. She has some serious diaper rash going on right now . . . probably because of the heat. The hot weather hasn't bothered her too much . . . she's mostly just been sleeping. That's all I can think of right now . . . she has already brought so much joy to our lives in just the 3 short weeks she's been here. I can't wait to get to know her and her sweet little spirit more.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Grace is such a little doll! She is so long! So glad to hear that her weight is getting back up! In another month she will probably be out of the clothes you are wanting her to wear now! If I can suggest something for the diaper rash? Its called Corona. Its a yellow tube with a red cap. You actually get it at your farm stores. Its for treating horse's hooves and things like that. I know it seems crazy, but I had a friend recommend it to me with Jaycee. She wasn't too bad with rashes, but it was the ONLY thing that took Jackson's rashes away. He had some pretty bad rashes at first as well. So let me know if you can't find it there, I can mail you some! So glad that you all are doing well. Like you we can't wait to see Miss Gracie bloom into what God has created her to be! Love you guys! We can't wait to see you all at the end of August!
Post a Comment