Monday, June 16, 2008

Details . . .

This post will be a bit on the boring side . . . it's mostly for me . . . to keep track of things that happened during Gracie's first week.


Saturday, June 7th: Came home from the hospital around 6:30 p.m. Auntie Jen and Jake were waiting in the driveway for us with lots of cute clothes from Carter's.


Sunday, June 8th: Amber Postma, Mom and Dad, and Jen and Jake came to visit. A nurse from Option Care came to check on Gracie. She weighed 7 pounds even and the nurse was concerned about her being jaundice. Aunt Barb brought over spagetthi and salad for us for dinner.


Monday, June 9th: Tom and I took Gracie to see Dr. Wallace at Madrona at 9:00 a.m. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces and had to get her foot pricked to test her jaundice levels. Her jaundice level was 15.5. Dr. Wallace said to continue to monitor it with the nurses from Option Care. Katie came to visit during her lunch. We went and visited Grandma and Grandpa Larson in the afternoon and went to Mom's for dinner. Grandma Eileen came to visit and brought Shepard's pie. Grace had her first bath when we got home from Mom's.


Tuesday, June 10th: Mom was here all day with us. She made lasagne for us to eat. The nurse came again and Grace's jaundice level was at 18.5.


Wednesday, June 11th: The nurses came again . . . jaundice level was at 17.9. Tanya came to visit and brought lattes.

Thursday, June 12th: Last nurse visit . . . jaundice level at 16.9. They said it will slowly go down to normal. Shannon and Cash came by to visit in the afternoon as well as Grandma Jessie. We took Grace to meet her cousins in the evening . . . Maddie, Teddy, Allie, Aubree and Kennedy all got to hold and kiss Baby Grace.

Friday, June 13th: Took Grace to school to work on end of the year stuff. Went to Mom and Dad's in the evening.


Saturday, June 14th: Auntie Heidi and Auntie Rockell gave Grace and I a fabulous shower . . . we are so lucky! We went to Sarah's graduation party in the evening. When we got home and I changed Grace's diaper, what was left of her umbilical cord had come off. Woo hoo!


Sunday, June 15th: Grace's first church service . . . she slept through the whole thing. Went to Grandma DeHoog's for coffee, Mom and Dad's for lunch and Ted and Eileen's for dessert in the evening. Tom's first Father's Day!

Our biggest challenge right now is POOP. Seriously . . . this kid poops about 10 times a day. I've had to cut onesies off of her two days in a row. Yesterday it was up her stomach and back . . . today, as soon as I took off her diaper, she peed and pooped in my hand as I was wiping her. I wouldn't trade it for anything though! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! No wonder I couldnt get a hold of you last week :)

Dana Lohrer said...

You are truly an amazing woman! I am super impressed that you were able to do all of those things the first week of her life! WOW! You go girl! I am glad that you didn't have to miss out on those things and that it is all going so well for you guys! We can't wait to meet baby Grace!

Unknown said...

you are totally nuts.

:-)

Dana Lohrer said...

Byron read your blog. He looked at me and said oh yeah I remember those poops! Oh, I feel so sorry for them! Anyways! So glad you are enjoying every moment with little Gracie, even the not so fun moments!