I've been trying to get my groove back . . . sometimes with scrapbooking I get in a groove and really like my pages. Other times, I just feel "eh" about them. I've been out of my groove, so to speak. So, I've just kept plugging along and trying to find it again. Along the way I've been creating pages to document the stuff that is supposed to documented. Not every page has to be a masterpiece. I'm OK with that. I just don't want every page to look like a black velvet painting of a sad, scary clown that you buy on the side of a dusty road in Tijuana.
I only scrap every few months or so . . . that makes me sound like I get in bar fights. I usually wait until all the girls get together to do a marathon scrapping event (as we did on my birthday) and then I leave all my stuff out for awhile and try to get caught up. As of right now (minus the NY/DC trip . . . which I can't bear to look at the 9 inch high stack of pictures) I am completely caught up . . . all that's left to do is put them in the album. Looking at my pages here . . . they all kind of look the same. I definitely have a certain style . . . Tom calls it the "cram as many pictures as I can onto a page" style. When we all get together and our pages are laid out, you can immediately tell who did what pages. Rockell, Tanya, Jen and I all have different styles.
At school one time, someone asked me why I scrapbook . . . why not just put them in photo albums? Because if I didn’t, I’d probably take up some other craft, like making lamps out of popsicle sticks. And no one wants that. No seriously, I have always loved paper . . . since I was a kid. I love, love, love this hobby . . . even though it's expensive, even though it takes up a whole room, even though sometimes I hate my pages, even though sometimes I feel so far behind that I'll never catch up . . . I love it.
So here are the pages I made during the last week or so . . .
Tom's hunting trip
I only scrap every few months or so . . . that makes me sound like I get in bar fights. I usually wait until all the girls get together to do a marathon scrapping event (as we did on my birthday) and then I leave all my stuff out for awhile and try to get caught up. As of right now (minus the NY/DC trip . . . which I can't bear to look at the 9 inch high stack of pictures) I am completely caught up . . . all that's left to do is put them in the album. Looking at my pages here . . . they all kind of look the same. I definitely have a certain style . . . Tom calls it the "cram as many pictures as I can onto a page" style. When we all get together and our pages are laid out, you can immediately tell who did what pages. Rockell, Tanya, Jen and I all have different styles.
At school one time, someone asked me why I scrapbook . . . why not just put them in photo albums? Because if I didn’t, I’d probably take up some other craft, like making lamps out of popsicle sticks. And no one wants that. No seriously, I have always loved paper . . . since I was a kid. I love, love, love this hobby . . . even though it's expensive, even though it takes up a whole room, even though sometimes I hate my pages, even though sometimes I feel so far behind that I'll never catch up . . . I love it.
So here are the pages I made during the last week or so . . .
Tom's hunting trip
No comments:
Post a Comment