I bought myself a pair of croc flip flops.
I didn't mean to. I really do hate these shoes. Talk about ugly! Aren't they gardening shoes or something? Whatever it is, I have been passionately against the thought of wearing them. I didn't buy one of the wild colors because somehow I thought the black would be less obscene and that they are flip flops instead of the clog style . But they are so freaking comfortable . . . everyday I get home and put them on first thing.
And a 1st grade story . . . because there are so many of them. Last week during sharing, one of my kiddos said, "Do you know that strangers put drugs in candy?" Seriously . . . as if we didn't have enough things to worry about in 1st grade than strangers putting drugs in our candy. If they weren't so freaked out about it, I would have been rolling on the floor laughing. Fast forward to today . . . and I get this email:
Drug Warning - Candy Meth.
Emergency responder organizations have put out alerts to be on the lookout for a new form of Crystallized Meth that is targeted at children and to be aware of the new form if called to an emergency involving a child that may have symptoms of drug induction or overdose.
They are calling this new form of meth "Strawberry Quick" and it looks like the "Pop Rocks" candy that sizzle in your mouth. In its current form, it is dark pink in color and has a strawberry scent to it.
Please advise your children and their friends and other students not to accept candy from strangers as this is obviously an attempt to seduce children into drug use. They also need to be cautious in accepting candy from even friends that may have received it from someone else, thinking it is just candy.
So, apparently what _____ shared with us was an actual, true fact . . . something that is rare when a 1st grader shares something.
And totally unrelated to the above, but because it is one of my favorites:
Romans 8: 38
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment