The birthday boys being served their cake
Uncle Tom got the kiddos a toy . . . don't you love Aubree's face?
Then, on Saturday, it was the enormous, gigantic, colossal, FABULOUS Jones Family Garage Sale! I don't even really know how to explain it . . . I wrote about it for a college paper once. Maybe I'll have to find it and post it on here. Unless you are actually there, it is hard to appreciate how much STUFF there really is. I think the grand total was around $1400.00 in sales . . . my portion a measely $140.00. But when you think to consider that that $140.00 is made up of mostly quarter priced items . . . that's a lot of stuff! It rained pretty much all day, which was a major bummer, but what can you do? We still had our egg salad sandwiches, traded and bargained with each other, watched MaryLou's fingers fly on the 10-key . . . my greatest find was a pair of snowpants! I looked all winter for a decent priced pair of snowpants, and low and behold, my sister had some lurking in her closet that she was getting rid of . . . SCORE!
All set up . . . bring on the customers!
MaryLou's training Jake to give change
The whole crew
Even my Grandpa Larson got in on the action . . . he sold $160 worth of old movies!
We deliver!
And now, it's back to life in 1st grade. 22 days left and today was our WORST day ever. The talking and tattling were endless today. Please, pray that their are no sharp objects nearby or I will start gouging out my eyeballs. Seriosuly . . . it was that bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment