Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Blessings to you!


I have been reflecting on the true meaning of Easter this week as I have been reading the book of Luke. The cross and the resurrection. The sacrifice and the miracle. The truly new beginnings and fresh starts this allows us as humans to have. Redemption, transformation, renewal, and restoration . . . the hope of change! That excites me, for it reminds me that I do not have to live bound by past mistakes and old ways of thinking. I can choose to forget what is behind and press on, looking forward with excitement and expectancy to the good that is to come . . . the renewing and refining changes that are to come.

One expression of faith that really resonates with me is praise and worship music. Chris Tomlin sings a version of “Oh, the Wonderous Cross” that I just love. The lyrics are as follows:

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

We have a busy day tomorrow . . . Grandma D's, Mom's, (hopefully a quick nap) and then Grandma Jessie's. Hoping to get lots of pictures of everyone in their Easter duds!

Wishing you a blessed Easter!

*Photograph from our Mission Trip in Florida, July 2006

No comments: