Days are passing by at warp speed and I have to get caught up NOW or I never will! I guess it will be fun to re-live the summer now that we are on the countdown to Christmas!
Mom had a big fat idea to make a float for the Everson Parade with the theme "Camp Run-a-Mucka".
We worked on the float that Friday at Jen's house. The kids stayed busy and out of our hair for about 2 minutes while they painted rocks . . . I think we envisioned this keeping them busy a TAD bit longer!
Mom stopped by after work to supervise and we put her to work!
There they are . . . running a MUCK!
We went to the park that night for some dinner and fun! Grace and Vince rode around town with Grandma in the horse carriage . . .
The train is always a big hit . . .Grandkids as far as the eye can see!
Camp Run-A-Mucka was in full force that weekend at the G&G Country Club . . . lawnmower rides for everyone!
We may not have thought through ALL the details . . . Tom ended up having to pull the trailer fully decorated from Jen's house through town to Mom and Dad's.
A little relaxing . . .
And time for BED! Grace and Jake slept with Grandma in the tent . . .
Everyone was SO EXCITED to get on the float Saturday morning . . .
Parked at the Middle School, waiting for the parade to start!

The BEST group shot there was . . .
Those two are always up to something . . .
Definitely NOT my most flattering photo ever, but hey, I was 9 months pregnant. We were the CIT's (Counselors in Training) and Mom was the Camp Director.

Thankful to Tanya for these shots during the parade . . .

LOVE this one of Grace proudly holding our (2nd place) RIBBON!




Are we CRAZY enough to do it again next year????? Only time will tell!


2 comments:
Love this! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I think you should do it next year and I will help! I had no idea you guys did this.
Miss you,
Cousin Laura
So fun - you guys were the best one out there! THRILLED to catch up on the summer, it's going to make for some great entertainment for our kiddos! "You can only look at Auntie Manda's blog if... you clean up the toys!"
Post a Comment