The thing I LOVE the most about my iphone is being able to take decent quality pictures . . . it is SO handy not have to lug my camera around all the time or worry about missing something because I don't have it. The bad part is I take a LOT of pictures and then kind of forget about them . . . so here is a very random group of pictures from August until now.
Grace and Kennedy at Birch Bay . . .

Teddy and Vince at Birch Bay . . .

Vince sleeping in the tent . . .
Vince NOT sleeping in the tent and going crazy with the flashlight!
The kids going off on an adventure and Vince trying to tag along . . .
Teddy pushing his friend down the hill on the go-kart and going down behind her on his knees in the toy dump truck. Sounds like a DISASTER waiting to happen!
DOWN they go!
Russ built this awesome barbecue . . . we ate lots of good food this summer because of it!
At home, playing with the chickens . . .
Glad I have a picture of the chickens in happier times. We have had two chicken funerals the last week. :( The last one got run over by a sileage truck and Grace looked out the window and saw it on the road the exact same time I did. She looked at me and said, "Ohhhh, Mom, the chicken died. Better throw it in the cricket." (cricket=crick)

We met my teaching friend Amy and her little guy Collin at the park one morning . . .

At the river . . . Mom showing me she had brought MIRACLE WHIP for Tom . . . too bad he was working. :(



From the FAIR . . . Grace finished her whole corndog!



Tom was BUSY with work and we were busy during fair week and we saw him even less than usual, so he left Grace this message . . .
She was a HAPPY girl. :)
We went to K-Mart to get a deal on something, and Grace eyed this Justin Bieber watch display. The picture of him isn't that big on the display so it cracked me up that she noticed it and was so excited about it.
Call us CRAZY, but Jen and I made dentist appointments for the kids on the same day so we could just watch each others kids out in the play area while the other one was back with a kid.

Went to McDonald's afterwards . . .

Playing at home . . .

By the end of summer, Vince could climb ALL THE WAY up the slide!

Playing at home . . .
By the end of summer, Vince could climb ALL THE WAY up the slide!

We went to my friend Katie's wedding reception . . . 
Picked beans at Grandma Jessie's . . .


Grace found this twisty carrot . . .

Then we headed up to Angie's to start canning the beans . . .

Hard to see, but the littles were running down the driveway to meet the bigs getting off the school bus . . . they were so excited they were home to play! It looked like a scene from Little House on the Prarie!

And of course, they make me take a CRAZY picture too . . . 
ANOTHER trip to the dentist . . . only one left!

Playing at home . . . on top of the table. Why???? Who knows?
After McKinna's volleyball game . . .
We went to Grant and Taryn's new house to help do some wedding stuff . . .
Teddy's football game . . .
Grace drew me this picture one day. She said, "Here Mom. This is a picture of Daddy for you. So you won't miss him so much." Awwwwwwww.
Mowing the lawn . . . it's a FIGHT about who gets to ride so Tom took both of them for a little while.
Playing hippity-hop-scotch . . .
Grace wanted me to draw a road and buildings . . . notice there is a TARGET!
First library storytime of the year . . .

Look how LITTLE she was for the first story time last year!
Running through the sprinkler . . . the last time for the year. There were leaves on the ground!
Last trip to Edaleens for ice cream for the summer . . . LOVED their sign! That is a lot of ice cream cones!

Another volleyball game to watch McKinna . . . Vince needed TWO suckers.

And Grace was doing the robot.
The sprint cars at the Deming Speedway . . .
On our way to the outlet mall . . . I think Grace drank more of the latte than I did.
At the Gap Outlet . . .
The sprint cars at the Deming Speedway . . .
On our way to the outlet mall . . . I think Grace drank more of the latte than I did.
At the Gap Outlet . . . 
Doing the HUSKLE at Grandma Jessie's . . . we HUSKED a lot of corn that day! The freezer corn will taste so good this winter!

Tuckered out after Alyxis's birthday party . . .
I was watching the Lautenbach boys one morning and built them a fort . . .
And then sat back and Jake rubbed my feet!
Starting to talk about Halloween costumes always makes Grace want to get out the OLD ones.

Storytime at the library . . .


Check out is serious business . . . Grace can do the whole thing by herself!
FINALLY! They chopped the field of corn across the road . . . every time we came home I was holding my breath, hoping that they hadn't done it while we were gone. Lucky for us, we were home all afternoon to watch out the window (and later on the 4-wheeler with Daddy).
Vince was GLUED to the window . . . waving . . . and pointing.

WOW . . . I feel like I just re-lived our entire summer!




2 comments:
I loved all of the pics!! Thank you for sharing!!
Dan and I laughed so hard at the chicken comment! I was actually crying. Classic.
Post a Comment