Monday, February 21, 2011

2 events . . .

LOTS of pictures.

We could not have been more happy or excited when at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, Alison had the GRAND idea to go ice skating. A mere 2 hours later, the skates were going on!Okay, I'll admit it . . . I ACTED sad that I couldn't skate because I had to stay on the sidelines with Vince and Sy, but I was secretly RELIEVED. It looked like a lot of work! I think the kids were a little nervous about it at first, but once they got out on the ice, they all LOVED it. Taking a little rest . . .
Back out with the walker/helper thing this time . . . We ended the night with a pizza party at Mark and Tammy's . . . love this kind of spontaneous FUN.

Yesterday we had 3rd Sunday dinner at Mom and Dad's. I love that these two girlies LOVE each other so much. They better stick together in the years to come . . . they are WAY outnumbered by the boys!
One night last week, Jake said he wanted to have a JELLYFISH party. So what did his crazy Mom and Grandma and Aunt come up with? A JELLYFISH PARTY! Why???? Because these kids rule our lives and we wouldn't want it any other way.

Coloring jellyfish pictures . . . Making a jellyfish . . . Eating jello jellyfish . . . And BEING jellyfish!As the tentacles broke off, they became great STINGERS.Grace was running around saying, "STING! STING!" Max played the part the best . . . Jake caught the jellyfish!One last picture with all the decorations . . . thanks for the great party idea Jake! What will they talk us into next????We went straight to Grandma Larson's for coffee and then . . . Grace went home with Grandma and Jake for a sleepover!
She couldn't get rid of me FAST enough and Grandma said all went well . . . I didn't know if she would get scared since she's only spent one night away before, when Vince was born. Sounds like they had a GREAT time and no one missed their Mom. (Am I pathetic that it made me a little sad that Grace didn't miss me?)

Did you have time to read the special book, Mom?

And now . . . it's Monday, but it doesn't feel like it because we just got home from lunch with all our peeps (even the ones that usually have to work on Monday) at the Auction Barn. We stayed long enough to see Tom's pig get sold . . . she was a mangy looking little thing, and sold for $65.00. Someone is going to be eating pork chops soon!

P.S.
As I was reading back through this, I realized there were NO pictures of Vince. Yes, he was present for all the fun. Tom wasn't home for ice skating, but was at dinner on Sunday. Can't believe my boys escaped the camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did read the book. Grace made the kids sit like it was "story time" at the library and I read it. For some reason, I was very lazy and tired today! Loved the weekend!