Thursday, December 2, 2010

whoa.

I'm crazy. I woke up in a sweat last night because I remembered that I hadn't blogged about the fair, our trip to the zoo, staying at Birch Bay while the guys were gone hunting and lots of little things . . . the other ones will get their own post, but here's the "lots of little things" I missed blogging about . . .

In September, two friends from college (NEWSFLASH: yes, I did actually make a few NEW friends while I was at Western) and kiddos got together to catch up . . . We went to Nooksack's homecoming football game . . . Baby Charlie got baptized . . .We had a fun party at Bryan and Anne's afterward . . .THOMAS!HA! My friend Tanya turned 30 and I had to harass her a little bit . . .Jake turned 4! Grandma got him a gun and handcuffs . . . lucky little boy. Too bad that extra practice didn't help Tom while he was elk hunting.Auntie Jen-Jen brought silly string to celebrate the birthday boy . . . And the COOLEST Spongebob cake ever . . .My Mom is going to kill me for these . . . Jake handcuffed Grandma and Grandpa together!!!!BALLOONS!It was still nice enough to play outside in the afternoon . . .
We went to my cousin Josh's going away party . . . he's a MARINE now!Skip this part if you're not a Jones . . . we celebrated BUNGHOLIO!I couldn't think of anything POLISH to bring, so I brought chili-cream cheese dip and made a special sign for it. I think my Mom was making fun of Tom for being Dutch . . . HA!CHEERS to a boot! Alison invited us to celebrate her birthday at Milt's . . . the quarters were flowing like liquid that night. We played some turkey games and made some turkey crafts . . . Practiced getting bundled up in our snow gear . . . And were CRAZY while Tom, Russ and Angie went BLACK FRIDAY shopping at 3:00 in the morning. I volunteered to bring our kids to Russ and Angie's thinking that everyone would go back to/stay asleep . . . Grace never went back to sleep, Teddy was awake at 5:00 and Maddie at 6:00. HA HA Auntie Manda!
Whew. Now I can sleep tonight.

As for current news, around here we're de-Thanksgiving-ing and Christmas-ing, using too many hyphens and exclamation points, Christmas shopping while I sit here and then waiting for the UPS man (which Grace calls the "brown school bus" as in: "The lady in the brown school bus brought me new Thomas pajamas . . . wasn't that nice of her?)", sleeping in. oh yes. And trying not to give out Christmas presents now (especially to Grace) because I'm getting so darn excited about it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Nice catch-up post! You guys have such crazy-fun family times!

Anne said...

WOW! It is so fun to see everything you are doing with the kiddoes! I LOVE seeing that Grace is getting some good usage of Emily's clothes. They grow up way too fast! Love you guys!