Sunday, November 28, 2010

turkey for me and turkey for you.

We started out Thanksgiving morning playing in the SNOW! Angie called and said she had cinnamon rolls in the oven and the hill was ready for sledding . . . woooooo hooooooo!I could hear Grace's delicious belly laugh the whole way down . . . So glad I didn't resist the penguin sled at Target earlier in the week . . . I now know the bane of every Mothers existence as her children play in the snow . . . GLOVES. Getting them on, keeping them on . . . Hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls and hats . . . what could be better?Planning their attack . . . I'll admit to looking through the Target ad no less than 47 times. Back home, cleaned up and ready to FEAST!We went to Tom's Grandma Jessie's for Thanksgiving this year . . . Vince playing with the NEWLY ENGAGED Taryn's necklace . . . so excited for a wedding in September!Katie and I were out with the kids and when I came to the grown-up table Tom was so proud of the plate that he had dished up for Katie . . . he even buttered that little piece of roll. I got the giggles after this. Kennedy, Aubree and Grace must have all gotten the same memo for this picture . . . be CRAZY. After some late naps, we went to the Judy's for dessert . . . Looks like Vince did what I wanted to do all day . . . un-button my pants. Maria built these CUTE snowmen . . . So very thankful for God's abundant blessings in our family: more than enough love, good health, parents who love us and love our kids, aunts and uncles and cousins who are crazy and fun, food for our bellies, a roof over our heads, cozy beds to sleep in, warm bodies to snuggle, and best of all, a Father who loves and cares for us all.

Hope your Thanksgiving was delicious and filled with your favorite people.

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done.
1 Chronicles 16:8

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I totally saw Tom outside of Target at about 3:30am Friday :) He doesn't know me so I didn't want to freak him out and say hi. I did overhear that you were at home with the kidlets though!