Saturday, December 4, 2010

and then it was december.

Vince had his 6 month well-child check-up on Monday . . . he is a BIG boy. 21 1/2 pounds and 27 1/2 inches long. Other than a STILL "angry" neck and a prescription for a 3rd cream for it, he is as healthy (and about as big) as a horse. Waiting in doctors offices with kids is so much fun. :)We switched it up a little bit on Wednesday and skipped story time at the library (Grace threw a MONSTER of a fit there last week . . . her screams are probably still echoing throughout the building) and instead went for lunch at McDonald's and did some shopping.We LOVE Target. And by "we" I mean the Jones, Lautenbach and DeHoog families collectively. Friday night, Tom and I went to a GROWN UP Christmas party, so Grace got to go with Grandma and Grandpa to the Everson Park to visit Santa. She told me she wasn't going to be shy and she would tell him she was a good girl and wanted a Water Baby. Thanks Auntie Jen-Jen for the pictures. Tom and I realized that the last time we left Grace at night (other than when we were in the hospital with Vince) was for this same party last year. We are LAME. The live nativity at Elenbaas . . . Tonight we braved the COLD and went to the Lighted Parade in Lynden. I think everyone is still getting used to the thrill of the chill in this picture. "It's Santa! Mom! Mom! It's Santa! Hi Santa! I love you Santa! Ho Ho Ho Santa! Merry Christmas Santa!" We have a little girl that LOVES Santa . . . Our favorite!Time to GO!
I love discovering and experiencing Christmas through Grace's eyes. It gets better every year. Pure MAGIC.

No comments: